For over 30 years, New Season Treatment Centers have been a leading national health care service provider of outpatient treatment centers that specialize in providing safe, quality and best in class care for individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder ("OUD").
Operating in over 70 treatment centers in multiple states, our team members are engaged in medication-assisted treatment, counseling, support, and care management of individuals living with OUD. We treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the underlying causes of OUD in an effort to provide a continuum of care that not only addresses treatment needs but supports the patient on their journey to recovery.
This position provides training to support Revenue Cycle Management and Information Technology departments. Responsible for ensuring staff are knowledgeable and maximizing the collection of medical services payments and reimbursements from patients, insurance carriers, financial aid, insurance eligibility processes, patient balance collection, time of service collection, and payment processing. Ensures staff are able to navigate all aspects of the EMR relevant to the job role including but not limited to clinical documentation, medical documentation, and revenue/practice management. Responsible for ensuring comprehension and understanding of concepts covered during training by providing knowledge checks and competency assessments. Responsible for assurance of process development in the organizational EMR system. Develops strategic content to maximize the use and understanding of patient record systems.
- Develops and delivers Revenue Cycle Training in the areas of:
Scheduling o ICD-10
Registration and Eligibility o Charge Entry, A/R, Payment Posting
Time of Service Payment Collections o Precertification
- Patient Balance Collection
- Other topics as identified
- Develops and delivers Electronic Medical Record Training in the areas of:
- Medical documentation guidance for medical providers
- Clinical documentation guidance for clinicians
- General EMR navigation for all employees
- Other topics as identified
- Develops training materials including job aids, videos, and how-to manuals based on business policy, procedures, and best practices.
- Facilitates in person and virtual training on a regular basis and explains complex concepts in simple terms.
- Applies adult learning theory when developing and facilitating training programs.
- Ensures training and comprehension of business policies and procedures.
- Ensures competency checks are completed and tailored training is provided to identified needs.
- Provides training updates and reports as needed to business leaders.
- Acts as a catalyst of change and stimulates others to change.
- Promotes access to resources and acts as a liaison between the Revenue Cycle and IT departments.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Develops and implements progressive short-term goals that align with the company's vision.
- Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees.
- Uses out of the box thinking to provide engaging and thoughtful learning experiences.
- Other duties assigned.
Education/Licensure/Certification: An Associates Degree is preferred.
Experience Requirement: This position will require at least 1 year Behavioral Health, Substance Use, or Methadone Assisted Treatment revenue cycle experience with a consistent track record of achieving metrics. Experience with configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining an Electronic Medical Record. Experience must include training with virtual and onsite teaching.
Required Knowledge: Proficiency in the use of Electronic Medical Records. Strong knowledge of medical insurance billing and collections with CPT, ICD-10, and HCPC coding and medical terminology. As well as an overall understanding of managed care products (HMO, PPO, etc). Creative ability, writing proficiency, visual graphics design ability. Good organizer and good public speaker at ease moderating small to large groups. Experience with remote learning through technology.
40 hoursCMG Corporate
This job has expired.