About the team
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Job you will do
Typical Day in the Life
The Business Development Director (BDD) is responsible for increasing sales in the Tustin market by generating new sales opportunities and driving the sales process. The BDD builds strong, collaborative internal relationships with partners and senior managers as well as external relationships with prospective clients and referral sources. The BDD applies sales and marketing expertise and knowledge of the Tustin market to help office leadership develop strategic sales and marketing programs.
A typical day as a Business Development Director might include:
Who You Are
- Proactively develop and increase Eide Bailly brand awareness in designated market through direct contact with qualified clients and referral sources.
- Demonstrate effective understanding of the full-service offerings of Eide Bailly and target prospective and existing clients to generate leads for new services.
- Collaborate with local office and marketing leaders to develop a list of qualified target clients.
- Support growth initiatives of priority industry groups and stay actively involved in local industry organizations.
- Lead the pursuit of new sales opportunities.
- Partner with Chief Growth Officer and other Business Development Directors to share best practices and improve sales effectiveness.
- Leverage industry and office marketing campaigns to generate leads and increase ROI on marketing initiatives.
- Assist in preparing sales collateral, proposals and prospect communications.
- Maintain records of sales activities and results in Salesforce.
- Provide appropriate assistance with the commission approval process.
- Effectively meet or exceed annual sales goals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; major in business and/or graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success in sales required
- Demonstrated success in selling professional services to businesses preferred
- Excellent knowledge of market and strong network of business leaders and referral sources
- Strong executive presence and ability to engage with people at all levels
- Understands the common business issues facing middle-market companies and demonstrates strong ability to uncover needs and develop solutions for client issues
- Ability to develop proposals that differentiate the firm and help us stand out against our competition
- Ability to establish and cultivate long-term effective relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work independently to develop leads and work in teams to sell our services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams) and Salesforce
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 20%
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.