Job ID: 224199
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Performs accounting, administrative, receptionist, and other support responsibilities. Provides primary administrative assistance as an accounts payable clerk working with purchasing and receiving departments paying outside vendor invoices. Along with these duties, the office assistant provides assistance to plant management including Plant Manager, Plant Accountant, and Human Resources Manager. Processes daily payroll input for wage employees. Assists as needed in performing other office support duties. Regularly exposed to confidential information requiring appropriate discretion.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
I. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Maintains and pay all invoices for the Leamington Plant and getting required signatures and approvals on all invoices adhering to company and plant policies. This includes scanning and linking proper vendors to invoices as well as purchase orders during daily payable inputs.
- Work with Purchaser and Stores Supervisor to make sure invoices are received and paid properly and on time.
- Daily reconciliation of invoices paid as well as providing the Plant Manager a daily summary of all invoices paid for the plant that day.
- Responsible for maintaining invoice log.
- Serves as the primary source of administrative support for the Plant Manager, Plant Accountant, and Human Resources Manager, and other top plant managers. Performs special projects as assigned for these managers.
- Answers calls and directs calls and messages for multi-line telephone system.
- Types, proofreads, copies and distributes various reports, correspondence, proposals, lists, etc. for plant management as requested and maintains organized filing systems.
- Sorts, distributes and processes incoming and outgoing mail for plant personnel.
- Monitors, maintains inventory, and orders lunchroom supplies as needed.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of office supplies as needed, along with office equipment and copiers scheduling appropriate maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Assist Human Resources Manager with human resource functions, such as administration of ordering lunches, applicant and employee correspondences, employee relations event planning, and other projects as requested.
- Inputs daily time sheets, verifying signatures from both employee and supervisor on each time sheet, then closes each day of the pay period. Compiles pay period reports verifying each employee is input properly then submits this summary for review along with the Plant Accountant.
- Maintains and inputs current wage employee information in our corporate payroll system.
- Answers incoming phone calls and greets visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner so as to provide quality customer service.
- Has each visitor sign in to the plant issuing 24-hour badges if working in the plant. Assists outside visitors with SSHAT: starts safety video in the conference room and notifies appropriate department personnel that their visitors are on site.
- Takes accurate and detailed messages when needed and/or redirects callers as appropriate.
- Distributes proper personnel protective equipment (PPE's) for outside visitors and contractors as needed.
- Posts corporate and plant information to designated bulletin boards throughout the plant including open plant positions.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Performs any other duties and functions as needed, such as primary keeper of personnel roll during safety plant evacuations. This includes bringing daily visitor log-in book keeping an accurate count of outside vendors and visitors during emergencies and emergency drills.
Knowledge of general office practices and procedures. Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation skills. Skill in operating a computer to store data and to generate reports in MS Word, Excel, etc. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to use general office equipment such as 10 key, calculator, keyboard, computer, copy machine, etc. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to pay close attention to detail with minimal errors. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Education
High school diploma or equivalent and some college preferred. Experience
Two years' experience performing administrative and reception/customer service or related administrative support functions. Must have data entry experience. About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Utah Nearest Secondary Market:
Provo Job Segment:
Administrative Assistant, Plant, Plant Manager, Secretary, Machinist, Administrative, Manufacturing