The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat ('NASCAR').
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Network Engineer in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This person will be required provid e enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot network and hardware problems and help maintain a highly available, flexible and resilient network. Senior Network Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, providing input on network design considerations, and ensuring our network is available and flexible to adapt to the demands from our customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Required skills / experience:
- Analyze performance of responsible technologies and documented solutions, identify problem areas, and resolve root cause.
- Triage service incidents and requests, assign and manage incidents to meet and/or achieve service levels.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations based on Incidents on the Configuration Items and make recommendations.
- Research and recommend emerging infrastructure and other collaborative products, services, protocols, and standards.
- Ensure the availability, stability, and integrity of Data, Voice, Video, and Wireless network services.
- Support the corporate network services including security, wireless, routing and switching.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive and successful enterprise network solution and support model.
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for infrastructure installations as necessary.
- Design, Prepare and Lead the organization's disaster recovery and business continuity supporting a highly available and resilient network.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Oversee development and dissemination of usage guides, support guides, knowledge-base and FAQs.
- Implement policies and procedure to support area of responsibility.
- Monitor, track, benchmark and analyze Voice and Data Network trends.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience with infrastructure technology support in a large enterprise environment.
- CCNP or Equivalent Certifications
- CCIE Route and Switch Written strongly preferred
- CCIE Route and Switch Lab strongly preferred
- Competent with Network and Voice operations
- Experienced in support of approved and supported applications
- Capable of performing onsite Event Support and Engineering
- Extensive experience in Cisco voice infrastructure and supporting applications
- Extensive experience in Cisco networking products including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS, Load Balancing
- Extensive Hands-on experience installing, configuring, and deploying Cisco Unified Communications Manager, and Cisco Voice Gateway
- Extensive experience in networking - routing and switching
- Extensive Experience in voice protocols
- Experience with Wide Area Networking
- Experience in network management tools
- Must be flexible and able to work in pre-design and project implementation support
- Extensive Experience with Cisco IPCC Enterprise or Cisco IPCC Express (IP Contact Center) a plus
- Hands on experience with Nortel PBX and Avaya.
- Extensive Experience with Exchange Unified Messaging
- Extensive Experience with Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (CUPC)
- Extensive Experience converting from legacy PBX systems to Cisco Unified Communications
- Professional competencies in computer engineering or related field of work
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Capable of preparing reports and papers on technical issues
- Proven analytical skills to arrive at sound conclusions when dealing with complex issues
- Ability to contribute to the development of policies and to interpret procedures and guidelines
- Ability to lead cross functional teams from Engineering, Applications, Technology, and others in the management of day to day operations to resolved incidents and enhancements
- Ability to lead cross functional project teams in the fulfillment of a project initiative
- Ability to Assist in leading a program of continuous improvement within the IT department
- Ability to oversee the development, implementation, and administration of staff training procedures and policies as well as provide training, coaching, mentoring and disciplinary actions
- Identify priority activities and assignments and to ensure the effective monitoring and implementation of work plans
- Excellent skills in communicating with people from different backgrounds and technical abilities
- Ability to communicate complex technical items to non-technical individuals in a succinct and clear fashion
- Ability to keep abreast of developments and relevant technologies applicable to the profession
- Skillful in identifying customer needs and establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.