Job ID: 224019
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a premier manufacturer and distributor for the concrete construction industry. For more than seven decades, we have served architects, engineers, and contractors with a superior line of concrete reinforcing products, concrete forming accessories, road and bridge products, and industry leading products for precast and tilt-up construction.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo .
The Automation Technician is primarily responsible for the implementation of automation solutions including installation, fabrication, testing and repair of systems at production facilities.
- Proficient in reading, and modifying electrical schematics
- Proficient in 24V automation wiring
- Ability to read PLC logic and write basic PLC programs for new and existing automated equipment (Allen Bradley RSLogix5000, Automation Direct)
- Maintain and troubleshoot vision systems (Keyence and Fanuc IR Vision)
- Ability to read and modify Fanuc robot programming IRVision preferred
- Suggest optimized sequence of operation based on lessons learned from previous launches
- Able to work on new automation projects; including mechanical and electrical installation/assembly
- Maintain backups of PLC, HMI, Robot & Vision programs
- Maintain calibration procedures for automated equipment
- Interact with production personnel to assess equipment problems and observe equipment to determine future automation opportunities
- Seek out opportunities where automation can add value and assists with developing the business value assessment around these opportunities
- Work with plant maintenance team to transfer knowledge on every day maintenance and simple fault resets on all new automated equipment upon installation
- Implement safety improvements promptly after a need is identified
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities
- Able to interpret specification sheets/ work instructions and learn to use test equipment and machine specific hand tools
- Maintain a spare parts cabinet for commonly used mechanical, electrical, electronic and pneumatic components
- Maintain fault log sheets separately for each equipment to help identify fault patterns and potential root causes for machine down time
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 5 years of relevant experience; A plus is an Engineering degree OR past additional training in Automation, Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering
- Able to wire DC electrical cabinets and modify prints as needed
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Machine maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- Proficient in PLC and HMI programming (preferably Allen Bradley)
- Familiar with robot and vision programming (preferably Fanuc)
- Familiarity with safety precautions such as Lock-out/Tag-out, Arc Flash protection, welding protection, and personal protective equipment
- Familiar with AutoCAD or any other 2D and 3D CAD software
- Exposure to SCADA programming preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Aug 25, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
San Antonio Job Segment:
Technician, Engineer, Maintenance, CAD, Drafting, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.