The Social Media Specialist is responsible for leading all social media management duties for system office and the Northeast Texas regions of CHRISTUS Health and at CHRISTUS Health's system office headquarters at 919 and 909 Hidden Ridge in Irving. The specialist is also responsible for engaging with online audiences in those areas to support and promote business objectives on social channels. This includes social media campaigns, online advocacy, community outreach efforts, promotions, communications, online crisis management, etc.
The Specialist is responsible for enhancing the communication and image of the Northeast Texas and CHRISTUS Health in Dallas by working under the direction of the Director of Public Relations and Social Media, the Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs and the Marketing/Communications director in each CHRISTUS Northeast Texas ministry. The Specialist will also collaborate with other communications/marketing department staff as well as with internal and external key constituency communications for the regions. The Specialist is responsible for all social media communication for one CHRISTUS region: Northeast Texas and will devote time in Northeast Texas, but will be a CHRISTUS Health System (corporate) Associate and spend time at the system office
This position will lead the proactive management of social media brand accounts to include management of all social media engagements with online audiences to support and increase the CHRISTUS Health online presence at the system office and in the Northeast Texas regions. The incumbent must understand the specifics of health care social media while generating stakeholder engagement in meaningful ways that meet regulatory requirements and compliance oversight.
Specifically, the Social Media Specialist assists with social media relations, both proactively and in response to comments, inquiries or issues. The Specialist organizes, plans and updates social media communications and promotions, including engaging various audiences and stakeholders online, ensuring that the system office and Northeast Texas regions are properly positioned and that the organization's priorities are represented online appropriately.
The Specialist is in a position to interface daily with various publics and constituents including senior leadership at system and ministry levels, Communications Council, community and political leaders and CHRISTUS Associates. The Specialist will be privy to and responsible for protecting the integrity of confidential corporate information, including strategic plans, financial information, risk management situations and patient information. The Specialist is called upon to make significant judgement calls in relation to materials prepared for the web and for social media that represent CHRISTUS positively and consistently, and to speak on the system's behalf online.
* Craft ministry-specific social media measurement KPI report and update monthly. Understand key performance indicators (KPIs) that accomplish engagement goals defined in social media plan/strategy and ensure the ministries' social media presences are achieving those goals.
* Create a social media content plan that will achieve KPIs by engaging consumers and Associates. Work closely with Social Media/Reputation Management Manager and Media and Public Relations Manager in crafting and sharing engaging content. Determine appropriate mix of original vs. curated content.
* Monitor social media universe to find and address mentions of CHRISTUS and its facilities, both positive and negative. Work with Social Media/Reputation Management Manager and regions to respond appropriately.
* Together with the Manager of Social Media/Reputation Management, oversee proactive improvement of facility and physician online ratings and respond reactively to comments and negative reviews compassionately and effectively, working with local partners
* Collaborate across departments to stay proactive of key issues/messages and ensure consistent branding, messaging and responses when answering members on social networks, blog, private messages and email. Mobilize the customer (patients, families, physicians, volunteers, friends of the organization) to provide feedback and responses to conversations on social media and through online communities. As appropriate, coordinate outreach responses regarding media channels, media influencers and reporters via social media channels
* Identify key topics of online conversation and key influencers. Provide real-time consumer feedback on the company brands and competitors
* Communicate in a professional but unique social media "voice" that is aligned with the culture and communication style of CHRISTUS Health and its regions
* Optimize social media channels for maximum search engine visibility (SEO)
* Collaborate with all other relevant contributors to collect original and user-generated content. Post content on relevant digital properties, inform the audience on new postings (videos for YouTube, photos for web site, Facebook, Twitter, blog and etc.). Promote online communities through blogs and social media sites. Ensure content posted and distributed is error-free and consistent with the organization's specifications
* Assist in serving as an internal social media consultant to CHRISTUS Health's system offic eand the Northeast Texas regions and other regional departments on issue management, crisis communications, editing of news releases print collateral and social media strategy as needed
* Work collaboratively with members of the region communications team to ensure that relevant content is disseminated effectively through appropriate social media channels, and assist in activity planning for CHRISTUS special events
* Represent the system communications function on various internal committees and task forces, as requested
* Manage and maintain vendor relationships, as appropriate to responsibilities
* Assist with story- and publicity-relevant photography and video assignments across the system, including shooting and editing photos and videos
* Manage risk inherent in social media. Ten of the biggest PR blunders in 2014 were related to social media because it is a fast-moving genre and requires quick responses. One small misstep can cause international backlash. In addition, an audit of CHRISTUS' social media platforms showed the need for more corporate oversight. For these reasons, the Specialist will need to understand and manage the risks that come with this medium
* Respond quickly and appropriately to comments on social media sites with minimal input
* Follow and provide guidance and education relative to the region's social media policies and guidelines
* Provide data and guidance on trends and operational issues uncovered in social media conversations that could help improve the patient or Associate experience.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or related field required.
* 3 - 5 years of experience in organizational social media required.
* 3+ years in a health care setting is strongly preferred but not required.
* Solid understanding of the social media universe and experience communicating via a variety of online media, including the use of YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, forums and blogs from a business perspective.
* Ability to respond to difficult or crisis-level issues in online forums in a way that addresses concerns and decreases further growth of issue, often quickly with little oversight.
* Ability to travel occasionally.
* Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, social media and various graphics and video programs.
* Ability to work extended hours on occasion, including some weekends and evenings.
* Must be able to work rapidly, under pressure, and with frequent interruptions.
* Experience in HTML or CSS coding, photography editing (via Photoshop or some other program) and video editing (via iMovie, FinalCutPro, or some other program) preferred.
* Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled