ECS is seeking a Unix System Administrator to work in our Memphis, TN (Zip Code 38120) office.
We are seeking a Unix System Administrator who supports development teams and business analysts by deploying packaged code according to corporate policy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other support groups and customers
- Evaluates new technology and solutions, makes hardware and software recommendations, and leads implementations
- Supports standards and best practices for allocation and use of computing resources
- Other duties include setting up accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system-wide software, and managing disk storage solutions, and 24 x 7 on-call support
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Available for after-hours support as needed.
- 5 years' Information Systems experience, including experience in the support of end users who perform development, testing, implementation tasks and support of large-scale computer systems
- 2 years' UNIX/Linux systems administrator experience, supporting medium to large development, test, and production environments
- Competent in UNIX, specifically SuSE, Red Hat and CentOS.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Linux OS, kernel, patching, and software management
- Working knowledge of volume managers and file systems.
- Working knowledge of networking services such as: NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NTP, Samba, iptables, NSCD, etc.
- Experience developing and implementing automated or streamlined solutions.
- Familiar with network switching, firewall and load balancing technology.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.