There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The role will lead fuel system analysis and virtual test activities in support of Vehicle programs and technology development including but not limited to:
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Skills
- Create structural and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation for fuel system design, development, and validation (1st)
- Present results and generate actionable recommendations, based on analysis, as requested and in support of virtual review process (2nd)
- Actively participate in Fuel Product Development Teams (PDT)
- Actively participate in Vehicle Performance Integration Team meetings (VPIT) as required
- Collaborate with design release, development, and validation engineers on a regular basis in developing new components and systems
- Develop, track, and update CAE portion of Analysis, Development, and Validation plan
- Write clear and concise engineering reports documenting analysis work(4th)
- Oversee integrated supplier CAE activities and provide technical direction as required
- Participate in Statement of Requirements (SOR) process
- Lead development of new CAE techniques to improve model accuracy and/or efficiency
- Participate in CAE focus groups.
- Generate technical solutions for current, new, and major programs(3rd)
- Provide technical leadership for advanced technology development
- Perform complex design analysis (5th)
- Specify and balance system requirements
- Plan and implement test and/or development programs to support CAE, test, and design communities
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Travel as required
- BS in Mechanical or Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering
- Exhibit appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex (1st)
- High level of oral and written communication skills(5th)
- Predicting fluid flow in closed channels and tanks using Fluent (or equivalent) (3rd).
- Predicting deflections and strains of metallic, thermoplastic or elastomeric automotive components using ABAQUS (or equivalent software) nonlinear geometries and materials.(2nd)
- Predicting frequencies and mode shapes using ABAQUS (or equivalent software)(2nd)
- Predicting fatigue life using DesignLife (or equivalent software) and strains from ABAQUS (or equivalent software) or hardware test(4th)
- MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Familiarity with a variety of CAE modeling tools including but not limited to LS-Dyna, ABAQUS, OpenFOAM, and Star CCM+
- Knowledge of production manufacturing process for fuel system components such as casting, forging, and machining
- Familiarity with UG-NX CAD & CAE tools as well as MATLAB
- DFSS Black Belt Certification
- Fluency in any of the following languages a plus: Spanish, German, Mandarin, Korean, Portuguese, Hindi/Kannada
- Familiarity with fuel system design and testing
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
- Familiarity with CAD
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Predicting noise radiation off vibrating surfaces or test experience in noise measurement.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.