Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) AR Camera SW team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge camera software solutions that serve as the foundation of current and future AR products. We work at the intersection of AI and camera. The team is responsible for rapidly building and iterating on the most-innovative and life-changing camera products. As a manager, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing the Camera Foundation platform for AR. This is a 0->1 opportunity for building something completely new, which is rarely available in the industry. Our goal is to build a performant, reliable, and scalable camera system stack, as well as leveraging Computational Photography to develop camera algorithms to power new camera driven features, formats and experiences that power a variety of use cases across the Facebook apps and products. The ideal candidate has proven design and build skills, passion for low-level camera systems software and algorithm development, hands-on experience working on Operating Systems at the lower layers from firmware to BSP, and experience with shipping hardware/software products. You are the kind of leader who has expertise building and managing high performance teams creating high reliable, robust, and performant systems software.
- Manage a team of software engineers that builds the camera systems software stack for consumer electronics products.
- Be both a technical leader in the camera systems software domain and a people manager.
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional hardware and software engineering teams.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees.
- 7+ years of software engineering work experience, including 3+ years of hands-on technical management.
- Hands-on experience across the camera stack including Android Camera HAL3, frameworks, 3A (Auto Focus, White Balance, and Exposure), ISP (Image Signal Processors), and camera imaging sensors.
- Experience in software development with C/C++ or Java.
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of software engineering work experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management.
- Experience architecting and designing performant, highly optimized software for low-powered hardware in the domain of image and video processing.
- Experience in Image Processing and Computational Photography, including but not limited to low-light capture, HDR, Depth estimation, video stabilization, denoising, demosaicing, and new camera formats.
- Understanding of deep learning based methods for Computational Photography.
- Experience developing ISP and MIPI Drivers for Mobile SOCs.
- Experience with graphics development, ex: OpenGL, Metal, Vulcan.
- Experience with Camera App Development.
- Experience in bringing up camera sensors.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.