We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our LPN team across our 7 Skilled Nursing facilities in the Capital region. With locations in Guilderland, Troy, Albany, Clifton park, Cohoes and Slingerlands there is a place close to home.
In collaboration with the RN, collects data about residents, inclusive of age-related and cognitive needs and communicates information to the healthcare team.
Resident Care Planning:
- Collects data about the health status of residents.
- Determines priorities in resident care based upon identified needs and goals.
- Documents in accordance with nursing department standards and protocols.
Contributes to the plan of care through collaboration and effective communication with the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
Resident Care Implementation:
- Consults with the RN in the development of individual resident goals, interventions and outcomes.
- Communicates pertinent observations regarding nursing interventions for the purpose of updating the plan of care.
- Interventions reflect application of learned experiences.
Under the direction of the RN and within the scope of practice, complies with established nursing policies, procedures and standards to provide safe, quality care to residents.
- Establishes priorities in resident care based on residents' needs and goals.
- Assists in the implementation of the established teaching plan.
- Administers medications and monitors IV therapy as ordered and according to established policies and standards.
- Provides emotional support to residents and their families.
In collaboration with the healthcare team and under the direction of the RN, evaluates residents' emotional and physical response to interventions to determine the effectiveness of the plan of care.
- Reports significant changes in residents' conditions, including observational reactions to medication and treatment, and changes in behavioral responses to the RN.
- Appropriately communicates resident status and care requirements to the oncoming shift.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Maintains a current level of knowledge and skill through self-directed learning and participation in continuing education programs.
- Maintains skills as listed on the LPN-OAPI.
- Incorporates knowledge of the Resident's Bill of Rights into practice.
- Participates in orientation, unit in-service's, unit projects and educational programs.
- Attends > 80% of unit meetings.
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.