Job Summary: The Manufacturing Engineer will be Subject-Matter Expert for Automobile Air-Bag Manufacturing. Responsible for executing manufacturing operations projects. Coordinate productive workflow, communicates effectively with cross functional groups including project engineers, and managers. Must understand the behavior and operation of airbag structure, as a system. Must be innovative and hands-on to introduce new techniques to improve Air-Bag manufacturing.
- Develop equipment and process related to airbag manufacturing.
- Support sled tests / component level tests/ full vehicle tests with testing suppliers and CAPE.
- Works closely with R &D engineers for future innovations.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to Operations and establishes best practices.
- Maintains workload capacity.
- Designs tools and fixtures to manufacture products.
- Reviews production program equipment, hardware, and tooling; makes recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Oversees the introduction and development of new processes and production controls.
- Installs and commissions new equipment and trains others on new equipment and processes.
- Prepares work instructions for new or existing equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new technology and processes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or relevant manufacturing experience. (required)
- At least 5 years' experience in airbag manufacturing. (required)
- Knowledge with FMVSS-208 Safety Standards and Third-Party safety ratings.
- Have broad knowledge of airbags, occupant restraint systems, and seat structure.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Detail oriented with sound engineering judgment.
- Think strategically and solve problems.
- Generate documents such as, plans, data sheets and reports.
- Ability to create and analyze CAD drawings.
- Fixture design and CAD (SolidWorks) skill.
This job has expired.
- Knowledge of automotive manufacturing standards and philosophies.