Darling Ingredients is seeking a Certified Wastewater Operator to join our environmental team at our plant located in East Earl, PA . This is a critical role responsible for operating and maintaining wastewater system in accordance with the permit issued by the applicable State Control Board as well as conducting inspections and with oversight, and preparing records and reports.
This position will be scheduled to work from 7:00pm-7:00am. The position will be required to work a rotating schedule, which will require being scheduled to work for 4 days on, and then be scheduled for 4 days off.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
Great Benefits - medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
$500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Opportunities for career growth
Operate and maintain wastewater system in accordance with the permit issued by the applicable State Control Board. Conduct inspections and with oversight, prepare records and reports. Performs daily wastewater sampling and records data. Performs in-house laboratory test procedures. Performs maintenance to wastewater system as directed by Environmental Manager. Records and sends wastewater, finished meal, fat, and other samples to laboratories for analysis. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Sample wastewater daily and record data.
- Perform daily maintenance of wastewater system.
- Prepare wastewater and finished product samples for lab.
- Monitor plant water to assure quality and proper chemical balance.
- Adjust chemicals and equipment as needed to maintain proper balance of water quality.
- Perform minor and routine maintenance on wastewater control and treatment equipment.
- Ensure that sprayers are being utilized on the correct fields and in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Assist in sludge disposal.
- Operates belt filter presses and dissolved air floatation (DAF) equipment.
- Pumps sludge, drains tanks, cleans DAF and water clarification unit.
- Monitors, maintains, and cleans equipment for Odor Control System.
- Performs related tasks as required to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Wastewater Class 5A License - I (Industrial) Certificate and maintain during length of employment.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate wastewater certification.
- Knowledge of process control techniques, maintenance procedures, and safe work practices.
- Above average math skills.
- Ability to perform routine on-site maintenance and emergency repairs of treatment equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Associates degree in related field is preferred.
- Move 55 gallon drums using proper equipment.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders to heights in excess of 20 feet.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Must work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster To Contact This Location: Terre Hill, PA - Tel: (717) 445-6890 Ext: 27104 693 Wide Hollow Road, East Earl, Pennsylvania 17519, USA