Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, Executive Management, this position is responsible for leading, directing and managing the Philanthropy Services department in contributing to the Medical Center's strategic direction. This includes interfacing, motivating and leading current and future Philanthropy Services staff, Board members and participants. The incumbent in this position leads, advises and provides support to the Philanthropy Services Board and oversees Men's Club, Women's Club, and the Volunteer Service Guild. The incumbent in this position will manage and direct the annual fund appeals, specific funding initiatives, as well as any capital campaigns that may be needed to solicit donations for use in enhancing and complimenting the needs of the Medical Center. This position has further accountability for developing, implementing, and administering a Planned Gifts Program designed to identify, educate, and cultivate donors of major gifts of cash, insurance, securities, land and residences or other appreciated assets. This position is held by a leader who understands the importance of building long-term, sustainable donor relationships. This position serves as a hospital employee for the purposes of job performance, salary, and benefits.
1. Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Marketing/Business/Public Relations/Communications is required, with a Master's Degree in Public Administration, Fund Development, or a related field preferred.
2. Minimum of five to seven years of successful experience in major gift and mid-tier fund raising with demonstrated knowledge in donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship skills.
3. Experience in managing a fundraising team from a related organization or association with a proven successful record is essential.
4. Must have capital campaign and strategic funding initiatives experience that require multi-year donor commitments. Skilled in Donor Recognition planning as relates to Naming Opportunities for large principal gifts ($100,000 to $10,000,000 and above).
5. Demonstrated understanding of prospect research and proven strategies/experience in securing philanthropic gifts utilizing a volunteer led (Board) fundraising program.
6. Proficiency in working with and understanding of a comprehensive donor database (CRM) system to produce prospect lists for solicitation, donor history documents for recognition and moves management, and production of monthly financial reports for Trinity Health Philanthropy Services to track progress and goals.
7. Experience in working with Boards, Volunteers and Committees, overseeing meetings, participating in recruiting, and reporting critical needs of the hospital and financial progress.
8. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills (both verbal and written). Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to work towards goals within deadlines, and attention to detail and accuracy required.
9. Must be comfortable in a clinical setting, interacting with patients at various stages of care. Demonstrated ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with a wide range of constituencies with exceptional customer service orientation, and a solid track record of accomplishments in fund raising.
10. Strong leadership skills are required.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted 24 minutes ago
Posted 24 minutes ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted 20 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!