Receivinggeneral direction from the Director of Operations, and working closely withClient Liaisons, the Client Specialist is responsible for providing generaloperational and patient intake assistance to CISS patients, both domestic andinternational, in a discrete manner. Serves as an initial point of contact, byphone, e-mail or in person. The incumbent is often the "bridge" to clinical areasto facilitate optimal scheduling and condensed itineraries for patients. Embodies service excellence, both in person and otherwise. Assists in arranging complex patient schedules, including travel/transportationitineraries and ensures timely communication with patients and/or theirdesignees. Ensures that both clinical and non-clinical needs of CISSpatients are met.
- Serves as an initial point of contact for CISS patients calling, e-mailing or in person, per pre-established guidelines. Assesses and handles request or triages patients to the appropriate liaison, as necessary.
- Handles routine and urgent care requests, including International medical walk-in patients. Consults with CISS clinical staff, as necessary.
- Acts independently and quickly, seeking creative solutions to solving patients' or other customers' needs.
- Assists with coordinating 2nd opinion requests via a third-party vendor and Mass General Physicians
- Provides cross-coverage for other CISS staff; specifically, back-up assistance to Client Liaisons, as needed.
- Registers and/or updates patient registration in the EPIC system for CISS patients.
- In coordination with the Client Liaisons, provides regular communication to patients and/or their designees regarding the status of their requests in a timely manner.
- Collects and transports medical records and films to appropriate practices, as necessary.
- Assists in escorting patients todifferent facilities throughout the entire MGH downtown campus
- Assists in scheduling and organizingall non-clinical needs of the CISS patients and/or their families; includingbut not limited to arranging hotel reservations, air travel, private transport,dinner reservations, personal shopping appointments and providing detailed,often complex directions
- Assists with maintaining a database oflocal hotels/accommodations, agencies, restaurants and tour companies in ourCRM database
- Maintains and updates CRM database (Salesforce) on current and prospective clients. Assists with growing and maintaining a database of referral sources.
- Updates CRM database with downloads from client companies, referral entities, and marketing activity.
- Ensures that demographic information and call tracking is current and per pre-established guidelines set for the CRM database.
- Assists with on-boarding new patients or members, including creation and distribution of personalized electronic membership materials, as necessary.
- Maintains a supply and distributes as appropriate, preassembled marketing materials for all programs
- Makes copies/scan of medical records and other correspondence and reports for patients and their providers. Often adding to the Epic system.
- Assists with service recovery, asneeded, and escalates the issue to a member of the leadership team when theservice recovery is out of this individual's scope
- Handles sensitive information in a confidential, professional manners.
- Performs other duties or specialprojects that are Department specific and that are appropriate to this level ofposition.
- Bachelor'sdegree plus a minimum of 1 year of related experience in healthcare or aprofessional office setting OR high school diploma plus 3 years of relatedexperience in a healthcare or professional office setting.
- Writtenand spoken fluency in a language other than English
- Arabic language skills strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding communication skills in all formats- phone, electronic, in-person.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive information in a discrete manner.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure and in an ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated facility with Microsoft Office and other desktop applications. EPIC familiarity highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and deliver polished, professional outputs of outstanding quality in a timely manner and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to learn and understand medical terminology and organizational departments and divisions to effectively collaborate with CISS clinical colleagues and schedulers to facilitate the appropriate medical appointments.
- Ability to be organized and flexible in an environment that requires continuous monitoring and rearranging of priorities while meeting critical customer service expectations and other deadlines.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to build relationships with colleagues and patients from different domestic and international locales and various educational backgrounds, usually virtually or remotely.
- Demonstrated poise underpressure and professional demeanor
Massachusetts GeneralHospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives andideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans andindividuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.