As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement
Under the direction of the MGH eCare Support Manager the Clinical Business Analyst (CBA) will contribute to the successful support and optimization of Epic applications implemented at Mass General Brigham. Work responsibilities include analyzing and troubleshooting systems issues, providing workflow guidance, and relationship management of supported departments. In-person, remote, and ticket-based support with adherence to documented service level targets is a primary responsibility for the position.
The person in this role is a member of the MGH eCare Support Team, focusing on Epic Ambulatory, Inpatient, Cupid, Beacon, Phoenix, Stork, ASAP, and complementary applications.
This role supports Massachusetts General Hospital and consists of telephone and at-the-elbow support in patient care areas. The person in this role will need to gather business requirements for new requests, execute user acceptance testing, and support new departments and locations.
This work requires an individual who can work independently, collaborate with multiple disciplines, organize and prioritize work, and find solutions to complex problems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and educate end users with Epic clinical applications.
- Triage incoming issues and bring them to resolution or provide a detailed handoff to the appropriate team.
- Understand clinical workflows and concerns in a variety of clinical areas. Shadow clinicians to understand how clinical teams work and patient care is provided.
- Build an understanding of the Mass General Brigham structure to best manage issues that require multi team input and problem solving.
- Manage multiple issues and tasks at once; organize, prioritize, and clearly communicate statuses.
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss and coordinate activities.
- Support MGH eCare governance groups in the work of identifying issues, potential required fixes, and future enhancements.
- Assist in identifying the root cause of issues and appropriately engage other teams, when appropriate, to bring swift resolution.
- Work with other members of the Support, Training, and Informatics teams, as well as clinicians, to gather requirements for enhancements or system fixes.
- Develop a deep understanding of Mass General Brigham's Epic system build and be able to explain it to end users.
- Adhere to project management tools and methodologies.
- Routinely act as daytime and evening on-call support for end users with urgent issues.
- Use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, IT, Healthcare, or related required.
- Must have 1-3 years of healthcare IT experience with a knowledge of clinical systems.
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements.
- Epic experience is preferred.
- Able to learn and understand clinical workflows quickly.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to act independently while communicating work as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal.
- Able to follow direction from leadership and senior staff.
- Able to successfully collaborate with others of different backgrounds, skills, and levels.
- Able to provide 24x7 user support which may include direct user support in patient care areas.
- Strong PC skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Teams preferred.
- Primarily office setting. Requires travel to Mass General Brigham sites to meet with business owners and clinicians.
- 24x7 On Call responsibilities on a rotating basis required.
- Must be able to provide adequate transportation between work locations.
- As projects and priorities dictate, must be available to work non-standard business hours, such as evenings, nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Telecommuting, as permitted under team and Mass General Brigham policies, may be considered under a mutual agreement between the incumbent and manager.
Primary Location: USA-MA-Boston
Work Locations: 100 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114EEO Statement
.Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.