Clinical Center Associate
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Ambulatory Services - Float Pool
Performs clerical support functions in an assigned inpatient or outpatient center(s) of the organization; answers routine inquiries; screens calls; assists visitors and patients; records and transcribes physician orders; maintains and coordinates clinic schedules; manages the co-pay collection process; participates in the team or group work activities in the center(s); performs the above duties and responsibilities in a confidential environment requiring direct supervision with limited latitude for utilizing judgment and initiative.
Starting salary for this position is $39,053 annually which includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Required Education and Experience
1. Medical Office Assistant Associate's degree; or
2. Associate's degree and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time secretarial experience in a clinical setting requiring the use of medical terminology; or
3. High School diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma, completion of an Roswell Park-approved Medical Assistant certificate program and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time secretarial experience in a clinical setting requiring the use of medical terminology; or
4. High School diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time secretarial experience in a clinical setting requiring the use of medical terminology; or
5. High School diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time experience in customer service and successful completion of a Clinical Center Associate traineeship at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Roswell Park).
Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
The preferred candidate will have experience in a medical setting with medical terminology, excellent customer service, prior scheduling experience and an associates degree.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .