If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Department of Surgery Histo & Immuno has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Laboratory Assistant 3 (FT- TEMP) position. The incumbent performs a variety of routine duties in assisting technical and professional personnel in clinical and research laboratories. An incumbent in this position provides broad support for the laboratory operations.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Identifies, handles, and accessions patient samples requiring laboratory testing.
- Transports specimens and communicates test results timely and accurately.
- Maintains required laboratory files and logs system in a neat and accurate manner.
- Performs specimen processing, such as centrifugation, liquating, and volume measurement.
- Maintains adequate inventory level as per protocol. Participates in the performance improvement processes for the department.
- Maintains assigned work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Generates patient reports and forwards them to the proper departments/physicians.
- Investigates and responds to all inquiries related to referral testing; Answers all inquiries made by the Reference Lab and resolves problems associated with improper or inadequate samples.
- Provides responses to all inquiries made by physicians or patient unit personnel related to specimen requirements.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels as per protocol and rotates previous stock when it applies.
- Reviews packing slips, verifies number of items received, documents, and provides copies to supervisor/designee.
- Serves as a lead/Back-up when Supervisor is unavailable.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: