12 Hour Day Shift
High Risk Pregnancy Nurse
(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
Competitive pay: Increased Salaries and Sign on Bonus for $10,0000
Additional Benefits: Relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement, free parking
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Opportunities to advance through the Clinical Advancement Program
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- Full-Time 7pm - 7am
- Reporting to the Nurse Manager of High-Risk Perinatology
- Holy Cross Hospital L&D and High-Risk Unit in Silver Spring Antepartum Unit provide 24-hour-a-day expert care for pregnant women who require hospitalization-and need to be carefully monitored for complications to protect their health, and the health of their babies. Our High-Risk Perinatal Center is designated as a Level IIIB Perinatal Referral Center by the Maryland Institute of Emergency Medical Services System (MIEMSS), which means that it is recognized for an advanced level of specialty care for high-risk pregnancies. We are offering training for RN's looking for an opportunity to be cross trained in L&D and High-Risk Perinatal patients!
What you will need:Required:
- Care for patients with complications: premature labor, hypertension, diabetes, autoimmune disease, etc.
- Interface closely with Labor & Delivery, Maternal Fetal Medicine Physicians, Neonatologists and NICU to coordinate care for our patients
- Administer Mag for pre-term labor, preeclampsia and newborn protection
- Cervical ripening for patients that must be induced for medical reasons, perform cervical check and fetal monitoring
- 1 year of High Risk Pregnancy Nursing, L&D or LDRP experience
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or Compact State as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS certification (American Heart Association); additional Life Support training as applicable to unit requirements.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program; basic professional nursing degree (BSN or MSN) preferred. Note, if the basic professional degree is not present on hire, the employee must engage in a basic professional nursing degree program within twelve (12) months of hire
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2022.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Females/disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.