Come join our Risk Management team at Mercy Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health Of New England! We are part of the nationwide Trinity Health family bringing compassionate care to our communities.
The Risk Manager is responsible for the facility's risk management activities in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. This includes, but may not be limited to, administering the risk management program on a day-to-day basis, conducting/coordinating Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) and/or safety event investigations, and managing and analyzing risk management data. Conducts risk management educational programs, complying with risk management related standards by the Joint Commission and other accrediting and regulatory agencies.Responsible for basic general knowledge of facility insurance programs, working closely with the Risk Management Team in the coordination for all insurance concerns, managing claims against the facility, and interfacing with defense legal counsel as necessary.
Top Reasons to Work at Trinity Health of New England:
- Our Mission and Core Values
- Great benefits and Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Award-winning Risk Management Department
You Will Be Responsible For
- Full time Mon-Fri days with flexibility for off-hours to meet the needs of the department
Exceptional Patient Care: Participates in facility-wide systems for risk identification, investigation, and reduction involving incident report and medical record review in order to assess, prevent and mitigate financial risk to the organization.
Technical Familiarity: Proactive analysis of patient safety and medical error occurrence. Conducts or coordinates safety event reviews and investigations, and establishes and implements corrective action plans to prevent future occurrences. Reports reportable events and sentinel events to the appropriate parties. Participate in daily safety huddles and regular safety meetings.
Excellent Communicator: Informs directors of service and department heads regarding occurrences, issues, findings, and risk management suggestions; provides feedback to directors at all levels in the effort to eliminate risks; assists clinical chairs and department heads in designing risk management programs within their departments.
Strong Educator: Recommends appropriate revisions to new or existing policies and procedures to reduce the frequency of future occurrences; recommends ways to minimize risks through system changes; reviews and revises facility policies as appropriate to maintain adherence to current standards and requirements.
Active Teamwork: Works with legal counsel and/or other IRMS associates to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of claims against the facility.
About Trinity Health Of New England:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, or other related field required, Master's preferred.
- Medical risk management, insurance and/or legal experience in a hospital based environment is desirable; clinical background and management/leadership experience is preferred, but not required.
- Clinical licensure including Registered Nurse strongly preferred. Associates in Risk Management preferred. Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Mgt (CPHRM) required or must be obtained at point of eligibility.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, communication, relationship management, conflict negotiation and problem solving skills. Able to influence change without having direct authority. Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the Regional Risk Management team.
- Strong understanding of hospital and patient care operations, Public Health Code regulations, Joint Commission standards and FDA and OSHA regulations. The ability to conduct an accurate and thorough patient record review via the EMR is essential. Requires computer proficiency.
Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery system that is comprised of world-class providers and facilities dedicated to full spectrum preventative, acute, and post-acute care. We aim to deliver top level care to increase our community's overall health at lower costs. While we serve nearly 3 million people, we are proud to be a part of a national system that focuses on putting our patients first and having the best colleagues to do so.
Trinity Health Of New England benefits include health insurance, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick time, and professional advancement just to name a few.
Employees can also take advantage of extra benefits specific to each hospital.Step up to your potential. Write your story and apply today!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.