At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The CNA will support clinical staff at the unit level by performing clerical, receptionist and patient service coordination. Performs various nursing care services and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients, as those of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP) under the direction and supervision of the licensed nurse.
Monday - Friday. No weekends, no holidays. Shifts varied : 0500 - 1430 or 0830 -1600.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification issued by the State of Idaho is required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- Six months Certified Nursing Assistant experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Recent experience in an acute care setting and/or working with pediatric patients preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and/or business record keeping.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people under adverse conditions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Core Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management: ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Facilitates the delivery of patient care by communicating patients' needs and requests to appropriate personnel and other hospital departments.
- Provides direct patient care as delegated to and supervised by licensed nursing personnel.
- Provides direct high quality service to Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) to assist in patient care activities.
- Facilitates high quality customer service, communicating clearly with patients and families.
- Removes non controlled medications from deliver points (such as tube stations) and hands directly to RN or places in secure location.
- May act as a Unit Clerk on occasion which requires:
- Preparing, compiling, and maintaining the patient's medical record on the nursing unit from admission through discharge on a daily basis.
- Transcribing physicians' orders accurately.
- Processes tests and procedures as ordered by the physician, then receives results of tests and procedures and reports them to the patient caregiver.
- Notifies physicians of admissions or consultations, as directed. Directs physician to appropriate patient caregiver.
- Orders routine supplies weekly, and other supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Demonstrates utilization of proper infection control standards and practices.
- Demonstrates utilization of proper body mechanics for self and patient.
- Complies with the organization's standards of care and Idaho Nursing Practice Act.
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health.
- May act as a Patient Visual Monitor on occasion which requires
- Maintaining visual observation at all times
- Verbally redirecting patients in person or over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room.
- Immediately summoning the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Documenting every 15-30 minutes, as appropriate, on Observation Flow Sheet.
- Participating in handing off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment.
- Seeking help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others.
- Participating in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment safety.
- Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to Charge Nurse
- May be trained as cardiac monitoring technician. See additional competency curriculum in HealthStream, based on operational needs/approvals.
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are committed to promoting diversity in its workforce and to providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We are committed to recruit and retain a diverse staff reflective of the communities we serve. Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.