12 Hour Night Shift
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The Support Associate role supports the clinical staff at the unit level by performing clerical, receptionist and patient service coordination. The position performs various nursing care services and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients, as those of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP) under the direction and supervision of the licensed nurse.
***$1500 Sign On Bonus offered to external new hires for this position***
- Nursing student who has completed at least one clinical rotation or Certified Nursing Assistant Certification required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- Six months Certified Nursing Assistant experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Recent experience in an acute care setting and/or working with pediatric patients preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and/or business record keeping.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people under adverse conditions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Meets Health System's Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management: ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Facilitates the delivery of patient care by communicating patients' needs and requests to appropriate personnel and other hospital departments.
- Provides direct patient care as delegated to and supervised by licensed nursing personnel.
- Provides direct high quality service to Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) to assist in patient care activities.
- Facilitates high quality customer service, communicating clearly with patients and families.
- Removes non controlled medications from deliver points (such as tube stations) and hands directly to RN or places in secure location.
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health.
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are committed to promoting diversity in its workforce and to providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We are committed to recruit and retain a diverse staff reflective of the communities we serve. Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.