Responsible to provide students with employability training and transitional placement services leading to full-time jobs, higher education or advanced training. Identifies and develops Center-beneficial partnerships that lead to student benefit and success. Coordinates and manages the Career Transition Readiness (CTR) and Work Based Learning (WBL) programs ensuring students are actively participating in on- and off-Center on-the-job training assignments to improve employability skill-set. Provides students with transportation services, coordinates with other departments and evaluates student competencies. Conducts community outreach to established WBL sites and related MOUs. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree from an accredited school required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of one year experience in a related field with a substantial experience working with youth. Prefer previous Job Corps, technical school or higher education experience. Computer literacy and proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications required. Must possess a valid in-state Driver’s License and meet the Company insurability requirements.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
• Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
• Acts as the liaison between the Center and the CTS staff that are assigned to serve/support former Center students who qualify for placement services.
• Identifies employers, trade associations and labor organizations to serve on the Center Industry Council (CIC).
• Works with student case management team to provide quality CTR/Grad-90 programming to all assigned students; this includes providing direct CTR instruction to students in compliance with PRH and Company guidelines and policies.
• Works with E&T Manager and CTT Instructors to develop partnerships that result in WBL and direct placement opportunities.
• Develops and oversees major activities such as job fairs that lead to WBL and direct placement opportunities.
• Ensures all eligible students participate in WBL.
• Markets WBL Program to staff and students and ensures the importance of WBL is understood.
• Identifies viable WBL employer sites, establishes MOUs and conducts periodic OSHA and site supervision inspections.
• Ensures student accountability procedures are compliant for all students participating in the CTR and WBL programs.
• Ensures appropriate scheduling of students into the CTR/Grad-90 and WBL programs.
• Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their enrollment and provides employability and career counseling. Routinely evaluates student performance, updates ePCDP and identifies/remediates barriers preventing student achievement and success.
• Provides transportation services to meet Center requirements
• Works with the Center Director to ensure accurate orderly separations.
• Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
• Provides required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
• Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
• Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
• Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
• Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
• Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
• Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
• Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
• Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
• Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
• Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
• Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Programs Director/Manager On Duty to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Gastonia, North Carolina
Posted about 8 hours ago
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago