Commercial Construction Project Manager
A Project Manager (PM) develops, coordinates, implements, and manages all facets necessary to construct the project on time, within budget, and to the quality specified. The PM provides leadership and serves as the liaison between project team members to promote the interest of both the business and clients in all matters, as well as demonstrate the characteristics of a mid-level leader. The PM is the primary leader for the construction project.
- Maintain adherence to HITT's standards of safety; ensuring that required documentation is filed
- Create and manage project budget for all assigned projects
- Develop and collaborate on pre-construction RFP package
- Conduct project meetings, while setting milestones and formulating monthly owner reports
- Establish job processes (RFIs, submittals, and pay applications) including approving pay applications and negotiating subcontract change orders
- Perform project scheduling; ensure project quality control and establish overall project logistics
- Manage the closeout process efficiently
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs while explaining how these needs could be met by specific company services
- Supervise assistant operations support roles such as assistant project manager, administrative assistant, MEP managers, safety team members, etc.
- Collaborate with the project superintendent and site operations team throughout the life of the project
- High school diploma required, four-year degree from an accredited university with a concentration in construction, engineering, or business is strongly preferred
- In lieu of a degree, additional work experience is acceptable
- 5+ years' experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
- Previous experience in a project management role with the ability to execute multiple projects and/or simultaneously
- Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam, JD Edwards
- Mastery of reading construction drawings; tasks including reading, interpreting, and updating construction project-related drawings
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results
- Knowledge of current market conditions including pricing conventions and trends
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Carry oneself as a leader and knowledge holder of the project while facilitating the decision-making process
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and passion for construction and our industry
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Take initiative and seek responsibility
- Demonstrate integrity consistent with The HITT Way and HITT's core values
- Seek continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities, internal focus on self-improvement
- Recognize quality and implement contractual and HITT quality standards
- Adapt and exercise flexibility with the ever-changing world of technology, design, means and methods
- Collaborate with people of various backgrounds and styles
- Foster positive relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors and vendors
- Approach all situations with a customer service oriented attitude
- Coach, train and educate assistant level operations team members
- Sustain existing client relationships and develop new client relationships
- Understand and know what tasks are more important than others; discern what needs to be solved immediately and what can wait; ability to multi-task effectively
- Exhibit respectfulness by being punctual, engaged/focused, and respectful of others
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.