If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
- Manage and mentor colleagues in various areas within the Commercial Loan Operations team (ex. Loan Support, Document Management)
- Participate as SMEs on strategic planning for the department (both short and long term) working with key partners
- Investigate complex loan issues/problems and provide solutions - execute if appropriate.
- Provide superior customer service for internal and external customers
- Ensure resources are properly allocated and all required policies and procedures are up to date
- Responsible for leading a team of colleagues that require high to moderate supervision and that are engaged in tasks that are highly specialized and routine.
- Supervisors may need to perform some of the tasks that are performed by the colleague supervised
- May have multiple direct reports that are managers, supervisors, or high-level individual contributors.
- Responsible for ensuring the execution of required Commercial Banking lending needs (closing, booking, servicing and maintenance as well document management)
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all required SOX and Regulatory requirements for the operations of Commercial loans.
- Acts as a liaison between Commercial Loan Operations and various partners (ex. SOX, Audit, Accounting, Compliance)
- Responsible for the mentoring and coaching of colleagues as well as the hiring of any new colleagues
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.; advanced degree preferred or 5+ years' experience in banking/financial environment, at least three of which were in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills required
- Understanding of Commercial Banking lending and commercial loan systems
- Ability to multitask with differing priorities
- Ability to motivate directs and partners in the execution of daily activities and projects.
The estimated salary range for this position is $75,000 to $85,000 . Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.