Following set manufacturing instruction procedures (MPCRs), SOPs and cGMP guidelines, utilized compounding tanks, kettles, transfer pumps, mixers and mills to mix and compound raw materials used in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products. Perform daily cleaning/sanitation of the compounding department, compounding tanks, kettles, pumps and other equipment used in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Following MPCRs, SOPs and establish cGMP practices to manufacture pharmaceutical batches utilizing the various compounding tanks, kettles, transfer pumps, mixers and mills.
- Using scales, automated dispensing systems weigh out specified types and quantities of liquid ingredients according to a formula.
- Collect water samples for laboratory analysis from various equipment, water ports that will be utilized in compounding the batch.
- Perform daily cleaning/sanitation of the compounding department and the various equipment used in manufacturing of the batches.
- Performs all batch record documentations, SAP inventory transactions and final bulk confirmations.
- Extract bulk samples for laboratory analysis after completion of the batch compounding.
- Utilized transfer pumps and the filling station distribution system, transfer batch to the various filling lines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good understating of cross-contamination, personal hygiene and GMP's
- Good written/verbal skills
- Follow all applicable safety guidelines/rules. Use required PPE equipment when necessary.
- Minimum of High School Diploma required and at least 2 years Compounding experience in cGMP/Pharmaceutical manufacturing in a process environment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Pharmaceutical pharmacy experience in batch preparation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
- Must work with users at all levels within Akorn and vendors outside of Akorn
- Must be able to problem solving on a daily basis
Mental Requirements include:
- Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noise
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues
- Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies
- Ability to follow safety and security practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress
- Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information
- Maintain confidentiality of certain information
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.EEO Statement
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.