The Project Risk Management and Insurance Coordinator has principal responsibility to oversee and manage actual or potential Project-related insurable claims, including various types of design and construction claims (project-specific all risks/environmental/professional liability/wrap-up liability), commercial auto liability/equipment damage claims, employer liability claims, and other types of claims for or against the design/builder within the framework of Project-related insurance policies. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assuring timely issuance of insurance event and claim notices to relevant parties.
- Receiving and managing third-party claims to the extent related to design-build activities (injury or property damage).
- Administering insurance-related Project policies, procedures, and processes, and updating same from time-to-time; managing compliance with insurance claim requirements.
- Providing recommendations; Resolving / settling claims where viable and obtaining approvals to do.
- Sourcing, coordinating, and documenting in detail responsive information from within or external to the Project as needed to progress or defend or to otherwise achieve the resolution/disposition of insurable claims, including gathering and providing factual/historical event information and cost details.
- Acting as the first and primary point of contact in managing and interfacing with external stakeholders (such as the governmental client and related government stakeholders, the public, adjusters/insurers/brokers, co-insured design and consulting professionals and subcontractors, and third-party claimants).
- Responding to communications and information requests from insurers / adjusters and external legal counsel.
- Acting as the first and primary point of contact in managing and interfacing with internal stakeholders (such as the Project senior leadership team, communications personnel, in-house risk managers, contract managers, and legal, project controls, design, and construction personnel).
- Maintaining carriage of, tracking, and reporting regularly on the status of, all design-build-related insurable claims.
- Managing subcontractor and other project insurance requirements; and,
- Acting fairly and ethically.
This position requires:
• A candidate who recognizes the importance of risk management and mitigation in major construction projects.
• An understanding of the insurance framework within a P3 or major construction project.
• General design-build experience and knowledge of related risks.
• Experience with management of insurance policies, bonds and an understanding of indemnities.
• A candidate who is thorough, detail-oriented, organized and has good communication skills; and,
• A candidate who is comfortable dealing with contractual language and insurance terminology
The skill set for this position can be demonstrated through experience and/or education.
This position is located at the Project site in Windsor, Ontario.
There is a preference for candidates having relevant experience with major design-build contracts in roles dealing with insurance coordination and management
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.