Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Construction Engineering Inspector/Testers to perform construction testing and inspections for a large-scale TxDOT OVTI project and other transportation, commercial, industrial, education and healthcare projects in North Central Texas. We have opportunities for experienced technicians with ACI and other certifications based out of our Dallas, TX office.
- Under general supervision, perform routine field sampling/testing and/or laboratory testing of soil, base, aggregate, Portland cement concrete, asphaltic concrete and masonry in accordance with established procedures and the standard methods established by AASHTO, ASTM, TxDOT or other agency with appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment.
- Under genera l supervision, perform field inspections and observations for construction activities to ensure compliance with project plans, approved shop/working drawings, project documents and specifications in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepare and submit accurate, legible, comprehensive and complete testing and/or inspection reports on a daily basis in accordance with established quality procedures.
- Review plans, specifications, general notes and shop/working drawings for assigned activities prior to performing assigned duties.
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data.
- Interact with client representative (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project site as directed by the Direct Report.
- Maintains assigned equipment and related calibration.
- Mentor and train less experienced construction engineering technicians on sampling/testing procedures and construction observation techniques.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
Skills / Qualifications Basic/Required Qualifications
Preferred Qualifications, But not Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- TxDOT certifications (SB102, HMA Level 1B)
- ACI certification in the following areas:
- Concrete Field-Testing Technician Grade I
- Certified in Radiation safety and Nuclear Density Gauge operation.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Reliability - must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times.
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
It is preferred that experienced technicians have and maintain one or more following certifications:
- NICET Level I certification in Construction Materials Testing in one or more of the following categories: Asphalt, Concrete, Soils.
- NICET Level I certification in Geotechnical in one or more of the following categories: Construction, Laboratory, Exploration, Generalist
- ICC certification in one or more of the following categories: Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel - Bolting, Structural Steel - Welding.
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Associate Welding Inspector (CAWI)
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II certification in more than one of the following areas: Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT).
- Additional TxDOT certifications (SB101, SB102, SB103, SB201, SB202 in soils/base, HMA Level 1A)
- Physical examination required to obtain medical clearance to work.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Clean driving record and capable of being insured for driving company vehicles.
- Able to work in variable outside conditions, including extreme heat or cold.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.