BGIS is currently seeking a Construction Helper to join the team, Kerrville, TX
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
Summary: The Construction Helper performs field work delegated by the construction lead. Key job activities include completing tasks in a timely and quality manner, ensuring the job site remains well organized, working safely and following established processes. The Construction Helper demonstrates BGIS values when interacting with other team members and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Field Work Activities
- Complete assigned field work including tank installations, tank removals, trenching, piping installation, dispenser installations, construction maintenance and other key project tasks.
- Communicate with leaders and team members to plan completion of work in most efficient and safe manner.
- Complete initial assessment of job site for any potential hazards to BGIS team members and equipment and also client property.
- Utilize appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) for work being performed.
- Follow instructions provided for tools and appropriate steps provided in standard processes.
- Provide updates on progress of completion.
- Work with environmentally focused approach and share ideas for improving sustainability.
- Track and provide daily work hours to the construction lead.
- Contribute to the completion of other key initiatives as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with excavator/mini-excavator, backhoe, concrete vibrator, and/or skid skill is helpful.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and other communication.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with clients and other team members.
- Math ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure.
- Problem Solving skills to resolve situations decreasing work productivity and able to escalate larger concerns to appropriate lead or manager.
- Time management skills to plan work-day and identify priorities.
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions, absent undue hardship.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Current valid driver's license.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who the source of our strength has always been. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
This job has expired.