American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Construction Manager - Rehabilitation is responsible for managing the relationship between vendors and the Company during the rehabilitation process of homes in their assigned portfolio. This includes over site of all vendors and general contractors. This position serves as the Company's representative at the work-site in dealings with subcontractors and manages multiple single-family home renovation projects at any given time.
- Determines rehab and design strategy; develops scope of work for the rehab; prepares or reviews reports on progress and costs, adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports
- Performs spot checks on properties for progress and final walk inspection of work performed to ensure quality and that property is completed and certified according to company standards and best practices; identifies and mitigates reoccurring issues; takes appropriate action to correct repairs and bring to completion
- Upon completion of repairs, reviews Initial Rehab Construction (IRC) package to ensure invoices match to purchase orders
- Interacts daily with various departments of company (Utilities, PO Team etc.), general contractors and subcontractors; ensures properties are moved through the pipeline quickly, correctly and efficiently
- Updates CRM database accurately for work performed on assigned properties including changing status to rent ready when progress is completed; completes necessary steps within CRM
- Reviews bids from vendors to ensure accuracy for content and pricing; engages in negotiations with vendors to ensure pricing falls within market pricing guidelines
- Performs occupancy checks following acquisition of property to determine if property is vacant or occupied
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Architecture or related field preferred
- Minimum four (4) years of field construction experience required
- Experience should include general knowledge of:
- Construction, plumbing, electrical, heating systems and drywall installation
- Intermediate experience of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) and Microsoft Dynamics CRM required
- Valid driver's license required
- Two (2) years of experience with new home construction or rehab of single-family homes in a corporate environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Yardi Voyager preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, budgeting and business/financial analysis skills
- Strong people management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines
- Must be able to implement process improvement changes
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacyRelated keywords -
Construction manager of rehabilitation, construction manager, construction, manager, acquisitions, rehabilitation, new home construction, field construction, property management, full time, renovations, home rehabilitation
This job has expired.