Tropical FCU (TFCU) is a Sun-Sentinel Top Workplace four years in a row. Being part of the Consumer Lending Team and TFCU overall will provide you with opportunities to engage by learning, growing, contributing, collaborating, and developing professionally. Join us for a great employee experience focused on engaging employees and members alike.
Summary: Individuals in the job are responsible for assisting Tropical Financial Credit Union in achieving its purpose of guiding members successfully through the financial marketplace. This position is accountable for building and maintaining successful member relationships by funding and servicing loans to the member's complete satisfaction while simultaneously ensuring that supporting documentation and records are accurately prepared according to TFCU policies and procedures. Meets or exceeds all funding goals with minimum errors and processes pending loans in a timely, consistent manner. The position requires the incumbent to demonstrate an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional world-class member service and teamwork.
THIS POSITION IS HYBRID REMOTE. INDIVIDUALS WILL BE ASKED TO COME INTO THE OFFICE 2-3 DAYS A WEEK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides service that meets the Service Standards defined by Tropical Financial Credit Union as measured by external service surveys and internal service surveys; annual goals are established through the Performance Management Process.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills by displaying a commitment to maintaining and building positive relationships with vendors, internal partners, and team members and a team-oriented environment.
- Clearly and effectively, communicate with members and all levels of staff in oral and written form and must be proficient with applicable technology to offer appropriate solutions to fit member needs confidently.
- Responsible for preparing all required loan documentation for all approved consumer, credit card, and recreational loan applications for funding.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of consumer lending products, services, and processes, including thoroughly understanding the lending process from application to closing to ensure maximum funding rates.
- Successfully and completely processes consumer, recreational, and credit card applications from credit decision to close.
- Ensures that processing complies with credit union policy and procedures.
- Maintains and funds the minimum loan goal pipeline of active approvals and meets turnaround time standards.
- Coordinates with internal application source to ensure an effective and smooth transition, keeping with our member service standards.
- Coordinates with Lending Sales Representative to provide the following:
- Contact has been made with a member who advises the loan conditions, providing the member has a working knowledge of the requirements for processing/closing the loan.
- Obtain all necessary documents from the member, which is appropriate for the type of loan being processed.
- Prepares loan-closing documents and coordinates with the member for funding.
- Ensures closed loan has been accurately completed and signed as required.
- Disburses proceeds as needed.
- Clears loan conditions according to TFCU policies and procedures
- Posts loans and sends payoffs to appropriate institutions.
- Processes Credit Card advances as required.
- Performs post-closing auditing function as needed.
- Maintains application system with loan status updates.
- Able to organize multiple processing tasks while paying close attention to details.
- Maintain a 5% maximum error rating on total loans funded each month while consistently meeting deadlines, funding goals, and efficiency requirements.
- Quickly respond to email or other electronic requests regarding loan applications. Addresses or assists with addressing concerns and complaints, resolving issues, and coordinating with the appropriate department for specific information and assistance. Handle complex lending questions and problems for members and peers, if necessary.
- Alerts management or Security of any suspicious activity regarding transactions including forgery, theft, fraud, kiting, members who appear to be avoiding a CTR (cash transaction reporting). Effectively views and profiles all members' accounts. Must review all account memos as appropriate.
- BSA Compliance: every employee is required to uphold the credit union's compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will consider the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and Compliance Departments.
- Ensure ongoing individual compliance with all regulatory requirements established in the SAFE Act if required.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending, and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
- Performs related duties as required with or without accommodation.
We offer Excellent Benefits such as:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Profit Sharing 401K Plan
- Accident, Cancer and Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Prepaid Legal
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pet Discount Program
- Paid Time Off/ 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Paydown Program
- And so much More!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required. A College degree or college courses in Finance/Accounting related fields are highly preferred.
- Minimum of two years of consumer lending processing experience or equivalent highly preferred.
- Minimum of one year of Credit Union/financial services experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of credit reports, credit scoring, title documents, vehicle valuations, appraisals and auto insurance, payment protection, GAP, and MBP products.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with members or employees of the organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of loan contracts, including APR, amortization schedules, simple interest calculations, and ability to analyze financial data.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic arithmetic.
- Understanding of underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be a self-starter with high standards of excellence in their professional roles.
- Must display a strong sense of integrity in all of their interactions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Detail-oriented, critical thinker, strong analytical skills, and a strong sense of urgency to meet Credit Union Lending needs.
- Actively participates in and completes all ongoing required loan training. Willingly adapts to changes in the work environment. Seeks and participates in TFCU supported self-directed development programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends, and overtime as needed.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or touch. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt LocationMiramar - Headquarters About the OrganizationTropical is a not-for-profit, member-owned and member operated financial cooperative, serving South Florida since 1935. We operate a fun, and family-oriented work environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow in their career and move up within the organization. It's an organization that values your contributions and rewards you for your performance. TFCU has proven to be an organization that is dedicated not only to TFCU's success, but the success of its employees and the financial success of our members. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
This job has expired.