Make your next move matter!
St. Peter's Health Partners-Continuing Care
Do you have a passion for food, and strive for a rewarding career in which you enjoy coming to work every day? If you are looking for an opportunity to enrich the lives of others and you share our passion for making a difference in people's lives, come join our team. Our residents are the reason we choose to deliver high quality care and services. We are looking for committed employees with flexibility, a strong work ethic, and exceptional customer service skills.
As cook, you will join the team in preparing scratch made meals using a holistic approach, focusing on seasonal, local and responsibly sourced ingredients. Here you will have work-life balance with flexible scheduling, structured menus and be a valued member of the team, with ongoing training and opportunity for continued career growth. Become part of our community, grow your skills and career, and be rewarded by helping to brighten seniors' lives every day.
- Preparation of high quality food items according to standardized recipes or instructions in an efficient manner in order to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serve meals or prepare for delivery at times, using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards and ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Taste all food items prepared
- Must be able to follow HACCP for correct food handling and production.
- Participates in the coordination and supervision of food production and dining areas as assigned
- Properly stores foods in designated areas following all corporate, State, and Federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Work effectively and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, customers, administrators, and Managers.
- Perform job safely while maintaining a clean and safe work environment and following correct procedures
- Adheres to SPHP's code of conduct
Please be aware for the safety and security of our colleagues and residents, all new employees are required to undergo and pass all applicable state and federally mandated pre-employment screening requirements including:
- Food service and customer service experience is preferred
- Culinary degree or accredited culinary course preferred
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to read and write English on at a minimum 6th grade level
- Relevant Background Check/s
- Drug Screen
- PPD / Tuberculosis Test
- Reference Check
We thank you for your interest in St. Peter's Health Partners and look forward to hearing from you soon!Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.