Job ID: 293399
APAC-Atlantic, part of CRH's South Division, is a leader in the production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, serving the Coastal Georgia and Low Country South Carolina markets for over 70 years. No matter how big or small the paving project is, APAC-Atlantic's goal on any project is to finish on time and on budget. But most importantly, our goal is to make sure the project uses the right materials and construction methods proven to last. From paving and project management to materials, we have you covered. Are you ready to join the best in the business? At APAC-Atlantic, we're more than just a team. We're a family. APAC-Atlantic is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a qualified, safety-minded, detail oriented, highly organized individual with strong computer and communication skills to work as a Job Cost Accountant. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include: billing and subcontract processing, job cost analysis, managing change orders, assisting with construction backlog and projections, tracking lost tons and repairs, and other projects and duties as needed.
- Ensure company compliance with all applicable SOX requirements
- Supports the Controller and Operations Management team
- Responsible for monthly billing and subcontract invoice processing
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against established targets
- Supports the monthly close for job contracts which includes but is not limited to managing change orders, backlog and projections, etc.
- Preparing and presenting auditors with information and financial reports during an audit
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Possess strong organizational, analytical and communication skills, and an ability to work under pressure handling multiple and shifting priorities
- Excellent computer skills including email, Internet, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- The educational and experience requirement of the position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Working knowledge of Viewpoint Accounting System preferred
- 2+ years cost accounting experience in a construction or manufacturing
- Strong system and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- The ability to interact with employees at every level of the organization
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Demonstrated ability to identify, foster and strengthen relationships with all constituents
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Mentoring and team building skills
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Listening skills
- Strategic thinking
- Financial, analytical problem solving skills
- Project management skills for multidisciplinary projects
- Action orientation and drive for results
- Ability to analyze issues independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC-Atlantic is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Jackson Mississippi Job Segment:
Project Manager, Technology
This job has expired.