The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is a licensed registered nurse with advanced specialized training in the administration of anesthesia. The CRNA administers, monitors, and adjusts anesthetic doses to individual patients, from neonatal through geriatrics, during surgery and other procedures as follows:
- Selects and administers anesthetic techniques, medications, and adjunctive drugs according to accepted departmental guidelines.
- Identifies and manages emergency situations according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Induces and maintains general anesthesia at required and safe levels, using techniques prescribed by the assigned staff anesthesiologist or techniques customarily used within the department.
- Performs basic perioperative diagnosis testing and documentation to the anesthetic record.
- Closely supports and monitors life functions. In the case of adverse response to any drug, takes corrective action and seeks consultation from the senior Staff Anesthesiologist in a timely fashion.
- Terminates anesthesia in a timely fashion, ensuring patient safety to post-anesthetic recovery room.
- Informs the Recovery Room Anesthesiologist and assigned Staff Anesthesiologist of any complications.
The ideal CRNA candidate is certified to practice in the state of Texas and is adept at administering anesthesia using a variety of techniques and equipment; and communicating effectively with clinical staff and physicians.
CRNA Position Highlights:
• Enhanced Compensation Package with $60,000 sign-on bonus
• Overtime Available
• Favorable culture with mentorship for new graduates
• Relocation assistance
• Work/Life Balance
• CME Reimbursements up to 4K plus five CME days
• Join the comradery of a large established team of CRNAs and Anesthesiologists
• This is an employed position with no state income tax
Specialty/Department/Practice - BSWH CRNA Temple
Shift/Schedule - Full Time CRNA Temple
Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum/no experience required
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA)
ACLS (ACLS): ACLS in 30 days of hire or transfer
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS in 30 days of hire or transfer