CT Tech II - Per Diem
If you are looking for a per diem position in Medical Imaging, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Hospital, a part of St Peter's Health Partners, we care for more people in more places. We are willing to train Rad Techs!!
What you will do:
Recognized leader: Magnet Hospital in the Capital Region
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
Abiding by the Mercycare Mission and values, under the direction of the Chief of Medical Imaging, the CT Technologist II performs all CT procedures in accordance with department standards.Responsibilities
What you will need
- Obtains and records a complete clinical history pertinent to examination requested.
- Evaluates requests for appropriateness, refers concerns to coordinator and/or radiologist.
- Instructs patients as to the nature of the exam being performed.
- Effectively communicates information regarding post procedures.
- Ensures proper radiation protection measures are taken to provide an ALARA environment for patients, co-workers and self.
- Responsible for understanding the ALARA program and actively participating in dosimetry program.
- Effectively completes all required documentation related to patient care, imaging procedures and RIS requirements.
- Demonstrates proper use of positioning devices and other equipment necessary to provide safe, accurate, and complete exams.
- Assists in the instruction of new personnel.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- AAS Degree in Radiologic Technology
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a CT Technologist
- Current ARRT registration, NYS license required and certification to Inject
- Experience on Siemen's equipment preferred
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.