Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
SJMHS is a 537-bed teaching hospital located on a 340 acre campus in Ann Arbor, Michigan. St. Joseph Mercy Hospital has been nameda Top 100 Hospital and is at the forefront of many clinical specialty areas.
SJMHS is part of Trinity Health a national Catholic health system with an enduring legacy and a steadfast mission to be a transforming and healing presence within the communities we serve.
GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
- 24 hours per two weeks, shifts vary
- Weekend, Holiday and Call rotation
The CT Technologist is responsible for reviewing the physician order and reason for exam, preparing the patient, positioning, and performing CT imaging of patients.
The CT Technologist works closely with CT leadership and the Radiologist to produce the most diagnostic images possible in accordance with the department protocols. Operates diagnostic imaging equipment to obtain images of the designated body portions for interpretation by physicians, with attention to As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) techniques.
Administers contrast media required per specific diagnostic protocols. The CT Technologist may also assist the physician/Advanced Practice Professionals (APP; AKA PA & NP) with the performance of CT-guided invasive procedures.
Performs a variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, with integrity and initiative.SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy...
- Completion of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program and registered as a Radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Advanced certification in CT; OR CT registry-eligible, with completion of advanced certification in CT within one year of date of hire
- Maintain Continuing Education credits (24 CEU in two year period) and other requirements to maintain ARRT certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Two years as a Radiologic Technologist preferred
- One year CT experience preferred
- Must have good working knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy
- Must be proficient in venipuncture
- Must know methods to set up and operate CT equipment, with an emphasis on reduction in patient radiation dose.
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Successful candidate will be subject to mandatory vaccinations/immunizations unless they qualify for an available exemption.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American's with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper's Act, or SJMHS's Return to Work Program.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.