Under generalsupervision and following established procedures, operates CT equipment (e.g.CT scanner, Power Injector, Laser Printer, Patient monitoring devices, etc.) toacquire images for use by physicians in diagnosis and treatment of pathologies.Staff will be required to float among radiologyclinics and divisions associated with BWH as needed. These sites are, but notlimited to: 75 Francis Street Boston MA. 850 Boylston Street Chestnut Hill Ma,and 20 Patriot Place Foxborough, Ma.
For all positions that include direct patient care, indicate with an "X" the age(s) of all patient populations served
No Direct Patient Care
All age groups
Adolescence (13 to 17 years)
Neonates (birth to 1 month)
Young Adult (18 to 25 years)
Infant (1 month to1year)
Adult (26 to 54 years)
Early Childhood (12 months to 5 years)
Senior Adult (55 to 64 years)
Late Childhood (6 to 12 years)
Geriatric (65 years and up)
- OperatesCT equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information according todepartmental protocol. In doing so,ensures the patient is properly prepared, positioned, immobilized and usesprotective shield on the patient as needed. Selects proper imaging factors, and images the designated portion(s) ofthe body.
- Explainsexam to patient taking into consideration physical and emotional needs;maintains ethical standards (patient confidentiality, professional conduct,etc.). Delivers patient care under scope of license / training.
- Tomaintain effective working relations and communication with departmental andother hospital personnel, i.e. professional, nursing, etc.
- Calibrateand verify the operation of all equipment to be used during the work day. To notify appropriate personnel of equipmentmalfunctions and repairs needed.
- Executepaperwork and Radiology Information System functions as necessary for eachpatient exam (e.g. schedule exam, complete exam, transfer images to PACS,etc.).
- Performsvenipuncture for purposes of contrast administration under the direction of aradiologist. Follow all hospital anddepartmental contrast administration policies and procedures.
- Attendstaff meetings, in-services, and maintains appropriate CEU's in accordance withMassachusetts State Licensure and A.R.R.T. (American Registry of RadiologicTechnologists) requirements.
- Mayoversee and instruct various personnel and technology students (medicalradiography, CT, nuclear medicine) within the department.
- Preparethe equipment room and supplies necessary for each patient and regular dailyuse. Stock and supply room as needed.
- Toacknowledge and participate in research programs, quality assurance and qualityimprovement projects carried on in the department (i.e. cost containment).
- Toassume responsibilities for on-call coverage and to remain flexible in allshift coverage and overtime situations as necessary.
- Rotateswithin department, divisions and all off site clinics, by shifts as required andneeded; cooperates with all personnel, promoting harmony within department.
- Transportand transfer patients using established procedures according to departmentalguidelines.
- Usesindependent judgment, ingenuity and initiative under pressure in a variety ofsituations when performing patient exams.
- Performspoint-of-care (POC) creatinine testing at applicable sites and upon completionof training.
- Performsall other duties as directed.
- Mustbe a graduate of an approved school of Radiologic technology; possess a currentMassachusetts State Radiologic Technologist license and be registered by the American Registry of RadiologicTechnologists (ARRT) or equivalent.
- BeRegistered or eligible for certification in CT by the American Registry ofRadiologic Technologists or equivalent is required. Must meet, successfully complete, andmaintain the ARRT or equivalent CT certification and registration within oneyear of start of employment.
- 2-3years experience as a Radiologic technologist preferred with at least one yearin cross-sectional anatomy courses.
- Mustbe BLS ( Basic Life Support )certified. Must meet and obtain BLS certification withinone year of start of employment
- Musthave interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients whomay be under physical and / or emotional stress.
- Mustpossess analytical abilities necessary to acquire and effectively utilizeknowledge of imaging processes, techniques, and procedures and cross sectionalanatomy.
- Workrequires several weeks of training to acquire necessary familiarity withimaging procedures, techniques and methods.
- Musthave the ability to adapt to changing pace within the department, with frequentinterruptions.
- Presentsa positive attitude and a professional appearance.
- Mustbe physically capable of lifting, (linen, supplies, patients, etc.).
- Comprehensiveunderstanding of computer operations relating to Digital Imaging, the RadiologyInformation System and all Hospital Information Systems that integrate with theDepartment of Radiology relating to patient information and management (Epic,Order entry systems, PACS ect.).
- Mustdemonstrate flexibility and willingness to adapt to diverse roles as a memberof the department team.
- Mustbe aware of hazards within the department (ionizing radiation, universal precautions,etc.) and adhere to safety standards established by BWH and regulatoryagencies.
- Ableto work in changing environments (reduced lighting, increased noise,temperature variances, unpleasant odors, etc.).
- Communicationskills sufficient to resolve conflicts, and relay information concisely tostaff, patients and other hospital personnel.
- Dutiesinclude patient care responsibilities with subsequent exposure to human waste,and similar unpleasant elements.
- Failureto follow established procedures and safety practices could result in exposureto radioactivity.
- Subjectto frequent stressful situations.
- Liftingand transferring patients from table to stretcher.
- Periodicexposure to noise and cold environment plus poor lighting.
Brigham and Women's Physicians Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
This job has expired.