Are you looking for a new challenge in helping customer be successful in using Elsevier's solutions?
Do you have experience in a customer facing role with a proven track record helping customers achieve their drug discovery goals?
Do you have a life science drug safety, toxicology, medical affairs or related experience?
Our Customer Consultant (CC) position for our Life Sciences Products could be your next challenge! Through a carefully planned implementation and on boarding process the CC will ensure that the fully realizes the return on their investment of Elsevier content tools. Continual engagement with the customer will ensure the solutions continue to meet the needs of the client, thereby ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and maximizing revenue for Elsevier.
You will be an integral part of the sales team, working closely with sales, global customer service teams, marketing and product teams. In order to be successful, the Customer Consultant will have a deep understanding of user's research workflow. You will report to the Vice President, Global Key Accounts. This position will be home office based in the Northeast corridor.
You will become part of the Global Key Account Sales Team, a group of enthusiastic professionals responsible for calling on the top worldwide Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies. You will focus on providing information and research solutions for a variety of research projects at client accounts. You will support the following products: Pharmapendium, Science Direct, Quosa, Scopus, and Knovel as well as serve as back up to your team member. You will be expected to travel approximately 30-40 percent.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the customer by providing in-depth product training, support and guidance directly aligned to the specific research workflow and customer objectives to ensure our solutions positively impact their research outcomes.
• Be responsible for customer satisfaction and for ensuring value and use of the Elsevier research solutions portfolio for life sciences and for renewal revenue growth and maximizing customer retention.
• Drive successful implementation and adoption of the solution portfolio in your territory.
• Uncover, analyze, and upsell opportunities at the account, plus support the account team with the preparation of tailored renewal value stories, including demonstration of product value and ROI.
• Monitor customer to ensure increasing value and minimize attrition risk.
• Benchmark, set targets, and systematically monitor usage with the customer, develop an action plan where usage is not meeting targets.
• Ensure successful implementation and adoption of solution at customers; ensure delivery of appropriate training in line with customer engagement plan.
• Identify, support and develop champions and advocates within the customer environment. Ensure that they communicate the impact our solutions on the research outcomes.
• Help to improve product and solutions by giving feedback and getting involved in the product development process.
Our Preferred Requirements:
• An advanced degree in chemistry, toxicology, biology, biochemistry, or bioinformatics
• Experience working within a research or pharmaceutical environment
• Expertise to program manage complex matrix of internal and external stakeholders is helpful. Experience using complex enterprise software tool would be desirable.
• Background in customer engagement and driving customer adoption.
• Experienced in working in an international matrix organization is helpful
• Strong communication (verbal including on-line delivery and written) and presentation skills
• A passion for customer engagement, drive; enthusiasm and energy are a must!
We are the leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information and tools in the world that help our customers improve scientific and healthcare outcomes. We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, tuition assistance and training resources, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.