OverviewRequired Minimum Certification
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Customer Service and Collections Representative functions under the direction of the Supervisor Customer Service. Makes outbound calls and receives inbound calls relative to the management, cash collection and/or final disposition of patient account balances due from patients and/or other responsible parties, optimizing cash flow, while demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
Required Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
- CPAR (Certified Patient Account Representative) credential a plus but not required.
Required Minimum Skills
- Two to three years' experience in a hospital, physician's office or related healthcare office environment preferred or two plus years in healthcare account management with customer service experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic experience and knowledge of PC applications
- Detailed-oriented, good organizational skills, and ability to be self-directed
- Strong time management skills, managing multiple priorities and a heavy workload in a high-stress atmosphere
- Flexibility to perform other tasks as needed in an active work environment with changing work needs
- High-level problem solving, analytical, and investigational skills
- Excellent internal/external customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills to include oral and written comprehension and expression
- Ability to learn quickly and meet continuous timelines
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with principles of excellent service
- Demonstrate and maintain competency as required for job title and the unit/area(s) of assignment
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with standards of performance improvement and organizational values (e.g., efficiency and financial responsibility, safety, partnership & service, teamwork, compassion, integrity, and trust & respect)
typically found in this job. Please List Physical Demands: Frequent/routine walking, standing, stooping, assisting with positioning of patients, lifting while appropriately using safe
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!