Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, monitoring the flow of work between own department and others in alignment with business strategies, selecting and developing effective managers and work teams, managing own organization through reliable systems and processes, and producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process.
Specific Job Summary (describe the nature and purpose of the position)
The Customer Service Manager- Financial Services manages and directs all the daily activities to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations. Ensures the established divisional goals are met or exceeded. Set objectives, analyze call center metrics, ensure the staff meet goals and provide reliable, efficient support for customers. Evaluates, provides analysis, conclusions and recommendations on statistics regarding dialer productivity and performance, staffing, and compliance to senior management. Oversees hiring, termination, supervision, development and motivation of the Loan Servicing phone agents.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Contributes to team, department and/or business results by performing more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- hiring for diversity and balance of skills.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
(including duties and responsibilities)
- Develops, manages, and implements the daily activities relating to loans and maintenance issues.
- Develops daily/weekly/monthly call strategies on the dialer with the objective meeting Average Speed of Answer (ASA) and Average handling time (AHT) objectives.
- Develops and implements objectives to maximize call center performance.
- Conducts Monthly performance reviews with each associate
- Develops and approvals the monthly work schedule and approves payroll
- Develops motivation activities to retain high energy and morale of team
- Assists with monitoring of individual telephone calls and performs periodic review of accounts to ensure quality/consistency of service provided to owners
- Identify and communicate trends and opportunities for improvement to meet call center goals.
- Supports and maintains the new hire training process and the intranet training site
- Supports and leads training initiatives for existing staff to ensure each associate performs at their highest potential
- Develops, delivers and ensures staff successfully completes and passes compliance training quarterly
- Develops and delivers all performance reviews and disciplinary action documents. Coordinates with Human Resources as needed on hiring and termination process.
- Act as escalation point for all customer service calls for Financial Services.
- Handles calls escalated from Team Lead (if applicable), follows up with customer's timely and resolves issues successfully
- Administers and maintains metrics to measure and track performance of the team/Measures performance against standards and drives continuous improvement
- Ensures the effectiveness of existing processes. Develops new processes, policies and procedures to enable greater efficiency in the performance of the team/submits to senior management for approval
Analyzes dialer reports and share findings/trends to Senior Management with recommendations
- Prepares other general monthly/quarterly status reports and statistical data for Senior Management
- Supports business partners in Asia, Salt Lake City, Orlando, Mexico City and Europe.
- Ensures department is in compliance with all applicable legislation regarding credit, collections, timeshare, automated dialer, bankruptcy, ...
- Keeps abreast of current and changing legislation impacting department
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position with specific knowledge and experience in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology) as well as associate management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.Specific Candidate Profile
(the education, experience, skills and attributes that are important for this position)
- Preferred minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in managing call center.
- Professional experience in Customer Service in the Vacation Ownership industry a plus.
- Able to construct and align department goals with the broader Company objectives
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all departments
- Strong financial and data driven analytic acumen/Able to analyze data and make recommendations to improve performance
- Good presentation skills in reviewing performance data with senior management
- Ability to translate analytics and company objectives into actions steps for the team
- Immediate Microsoft word, excel, outlook and power point software skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, problem-solving, verbal and written communication and conflict resolution
- Able to prioritize workload based on urgency
- Ability to work flexible hours to cover floor
- Ability to work well with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Effective negotiation skills, decision making skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a constant changing/fast paced environment
- Experience with the foreclosures process a plus.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture