Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
As a Customer Service Representative (CSR), you bring value to the organization with your ability to handle virtually any customer related situation, regardless of their difficulty, with Integrity, Excellence, and a Servant's Heart. The Customer Service Representative takes ownership of every customer inquiry - whether from a Store Manager, Distributor, Customer, or Store Owner - to deliver complete and thorough resolution or enlist the appropriate resources to that same end, ultimately delivering the best possible customer experience.
- Triage incoming inquiries to efficiently discern, resolve, and/or reassign to the appropriate resources for resolution.
- Leverage appropriate technology and resources to thoroughly research and address the root cause of customer inquiries.
- Maintain customer accounts and the details of each customer interaction within the CRM tool.
- Ensure Partner satisfaction by providing back-end office support for sales, ordering, invoicing, shipping, warranties, and other business-related needs.
- Adhere to all established service level expectations and performance standards.
- Provide critical feedback to Customer Service leadership regarding trends, exceptions, or other unusual experiences.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluent in Spanish is a plus
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must possess superb telephone etiquette and have solid vocabulary and math skills
- Motivated self-starter with pleasant personality and professional demeanor
- Able to use reason and critical thinking to identify, research, and resolve various issues
- Must be organized with strong time management skills
- Proficient with general office machines (PC, copier, fax, etc.) and Microsoft Office components (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Dependable and consistent performance and attendance
- Battery, automotive, or industrial knowledge helpful but not required
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 1-2 year customer service experience preferred
- Accurate typing at least 35 words per minute
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Professional, team-oriented environment with emphasis on company Purpose and Values
- Predominantly a sedentary role, using a computer and talking on the phone with a headset for extended periods of time
- Interfacing with various internal business units
- Able to focus in an open work environment with multiple distractions
- Business causal dress policy
- Available to work within business hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Interstate Batteries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Interstate Batteries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interstate Batteries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Interstate Batteries' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.