Summary of Role :
The Director of Pricing is responsible for providing analytics and market insights to support pricing team activities. He/she establishes prices by markets, by technology, by quarter, with the goal of extracting maximum profit for GF under existing market conditions. GF makes ~2000 pricing decisions annually. In this position you will work closely with SBU Business Line Managers and Account Managers responsible for top accounts while creating guidelines for Sales and SBU managers to optimally price smaller deals. This position will have the 2-3 direct reports. Key Relationships: BU, Sales, Market Intelligence, Demand Planning.
Essential Responsibilities :
Must have a Global Mindset: Understands buyer behaviors in all geographies. Comfortable with working across cultures in Asia, North America and EMEA
Pricing analytics - provide key insights for decision-makers around several key areas:
- Value capture by foundry vs. value capture by customer (important to understand value pricing)
- Deep focus on getting optimal Pricing proposal done in most efficient manner and help the team with getting alignment with SBU and Sales in collaborative and productive manner
- Bring the right piece of analytics at the right time to influence decisions rather than just trying to haggle for higher price
- Develop list pricing including tier pricing based on the above that will be used by sales team where majority of decisions can be made real time by the field and an escalation process that deals with exceptions or larger deals
- Deep collaboration with the SBUs on bigger deals. Support with financial analysis such as NPV/IRR or any other help they need to better understand the dynamics of the deal holistically
- Look at customers by battlegrounds by technology by fab which have low margin and understand why, analyze long tail customers and find opportunities to raise prices
- Review MPW and Reticle pricing
- Competitive intelligence - have independent view on transaction pricing and gather a fact base on the pricing environment and drivers of gap to competitors
- A full survey and understanding of competitors cost structure and margin dynamics and developing margin models vs competition
- Analyzing the database on a quarterly basis to establish deltas to competitor pricing, by node or technology, and drivers
- Responsible for ASP forecast in Demand planning systems for the tactical and strategic horizons
Required Qualifications :
- BA or BS from a top-tier institution.
- 10+ years of Semiconductor and Pricing experience is required. Additional experience could stem from management consulting and industries with high pricing dynamics / pressures where "every penny counts"
- Must have strong grasp on the workings of P&L and understanding of the knobs to turn
- Proven success in high knowledge + high influence roles
- Experience across a range of functions (e.g., operations, finance, sales) increases credibility and influence
- An MBA or other advanced business degree is desired.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.