The Litigation Paralegal is responsible for supporting a team of attorneys litigating construction defect and general liability cases. Ability to work remote while COVID-19 restrictions are in place. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust's mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the
- Preparing and responding to discovery, reviewing and summarizing records and deposition transcripts, and assist in drafting of motions and pleadings.
- Assisting in preparation for trials, including the preparation of exhibits, charts, trial notebooks, jury instructions, verdict forms, and subpoenas, and witness coordination.
- Communicate with clients, adversaries, claims partners and third-party witnesses.
- Support multiple attorneys in the defense of construction defect and general liability cases.
- Paralegal certification and/or degree from accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of litigation paralegal experience, preferably with some experience handling the defense of construction defect cases.
- Exceptional litigation skills and excellent working knowledge of legal documents with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work in a team environment with attorneys, paralegals and other legal assistants in a high-paced and under stressful time sensitive situations.
- Ability to work in a paperless environment and embrace paperless technologies.
- Excellent knowledge and experience complying with California rules and statutes applicable to the construction defect practice and general liability cases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and clients.
- Organized, self- motivated, with ability to work independently with a great attitude.
What We Offer
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job has expired.