Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Director of Onshore Operations - North and West to oversee the Northwest Operations and Maintenance Service Line. The business provides contract labor and consulting services to oil, gas, energy, utility, and industrial clients. The Director of Operations reports to the Vice President of Operations and supervises a team of regional account managers.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader with solid communication and interpersonal skills, along with technical knowledge and experience in managing the operations activity of Oil, Gas, and Industrial facilities and processes in engineering, procurement, and/or construction environments. The Director of Onshore Operations - North and West will have demonstrated success in managing profit and loss, project operations, and recruiting and placement of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure that a safe and cost effective workforce is provided, efficiently and timely in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
The Director of Onshore Operations - North and West is responsible for:
- Defining, implementing, and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization
- Working with the People and Organization (P&O) function to develop and implement staff evaluations
- Liaising with functional heads to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide compliance
- Managing and tracking of the operations and maintenance (O&M) business revenue margins and conducting budget reviews to maximize profits
- Overseeing client support services
- Managing procurement and resource allocation
- Implementing Wood safety and compliance policies and procedures
- Identifying and reporting new business opportunities to the Strategy and Development team
- Developing and maintaining relationships with multiple clients
- Aid in the collection of aging invoices
- Maintaining compliance with client Managed Service Agreements (MSA's) and Commercial Agreements
- Developing pricing strategies
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
- Superior knowledge of industry regulations and operational guidelines
- Must be a strong safety leader
- Strong understanding of the project management (PM) process as it relates to field maintenance oversight
- Strong contract negotiation and business development skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis software (i.e., Oracle People, Voyager, SAP, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success innovating solutions to increase productivity and profitability
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.