Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.
Summary of This Role
Plans computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
What Part Will You Play?
- Plans computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Extensive knowledge of multiple database disciplines and technologies.
Extensive knowledge of multiple utilities utilized to manage, monitor and maintain database systems.
Programming, DB2, and SQL.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment is a must.
- Coordinates and performs testing of database software, utilities and fixes within a test (sandbox) environment prior to production roll out and review testing results to make a Go/No-Go recommendation. Assists less experienced Database Administrators (DBAs) with issue resolution during testing. Coordinates the migration of tested/approved software, utilities, and fixes to the production environment. Develops with various database configurations by creating database objects per specified business requirements and the necessary sandbox environments and assist by interpreting business requirements and advising less experienced DBAs. Works in close liaison with application developers, identifying potential impacts and provide insightful guidance/issues resolution to ensure best practices are applied to mitigate potential impacts to the various user groups and/or other database configurations. Coaches/mentors less experienced DBAs as they begin to perform routine/basic database administration tasks.
- Ensures the proper scheduling of database back-up tasks and the completion of scheduled tasks. Coordinates database recovery tasks during a disaster recovery and/or disaster recovery exercise and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) recovery requirements.
- Monitors current usage levels of database storage, identify and analyze growth trends and forecast future storage requirements based on analysis results. Develops recommendations for long-term capacity plans taking into account hardware lifecycles, current and scheduled project requirements. Oversees and performs routine maintenance such as data compression and defragmentation (online reorg).
- Monitors database performance to identify bottlenecks, such as inefficient queries, inconsistent and/or corrupt indexes, database design, and provide comprehensive recommendations for corrective actions. Applies routine and non-routine database tuning and optimization techniques, such as rebuilding indexes, determine when and create additional indexes and perform in-depth reviews of queries to maintain database performance. Performs and reviews database statistic reporting on a regularly scheduled basis and provide recommendations to improve performance and maintain the high availability of the supported database(s).
- Liaises with the Applications Team while performing troubleshooting to determine the source of application failures. Acts as a point of escalation for unresolved or complex failures. Recommends and develops solutions to minimize the potential of future application failures and assists in the implementation.
- Produces and reviews operational database documentation, such as DB2 Disaster Recovery, DB2 Recovery Presentation, Naming Standards, Performance and Tuning, to ensure database configurations are well documented in preparation for disaster recovery.
- Provides training and familiarization to less experienced DBAs regarding company policies and procedures, techniques and current server/database configurations.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: No degree specified
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Installation, customization, testing, and maintenance of database systems within a production environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- IT related field
- Typically Minimum 10+ years Mainframe DB2 DBA experience
- Technical lead, including the mentoring of less experienced DBAs
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- DBMS Knowledge - Extensive knowledge of multiple database disciplines and technologies
- DBMS Utilities - Extensive knowledge of multiple utilities utilized to manage, monitor and maintain database systems
- DBMS Recovery - Extensive knowledge of recovery technologies for local and geographically disperse systems
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
This job has expired.