Senior Statistician - Gaithersburg, MD
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Senior Statistician in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GMD (Global Medicines Development) drives late-stage development of our innovative pipeline, transforming exciting science into valued new medicines and ensuring patients around the world can access them.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Statistician you will provides statistical expertise in the design of experimental work and the evaluation and interpretation of experimental results in research projects and clinical trials, referring to more senior Statistical experts where necessary. You will manages own work to schedule/quality and will apply a range of Statistical methods. You will be able to solve complex problems within own area and will participate in multi disciplinary teams.
- Analyses internal and external information to inform design decisions
- Acts as a technical owner within Biostatistics with a deep understanding of processes and equipment employed
- Provides support to the regulatory submissions including specification of overview documents and response to regulatory questions
- Keeps own knowledge of best practices and new relevant developments up to date
- Identifies opportunities for the application of modelling and simulation to improve study design
- Identifies opportunities to improve the methodology and provide practical solutions for clinical development
- Delivers tasks as agreed and presents results
- Identifies and applies statistical methodology to improve the process and provide practical solutions for research/production activities
- Contributes to the development, sharing and statistical support of new procedures, tools or techniques to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own area
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
- Experience in Clinical Development
- Knowledge of relevant legislation/developments in the area of Clinical Development and Biostatics
- Experience as a statistician in the health care environment or relevant areas of statistical applications
- Experience with f relevant software and processes
- Ability to apply statistical techniques in the analysis of data from clinical studies or other relevant area
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Advanced degree within the field and/or professional certification
- Understanding of multiple aspects within Biostatics and Information Sciences
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.