The Senior Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting agency, jumbo, and FHA loans to established company and investor guidelines. The position requires that the candidate have the ability to clearly communicate underwriting decisions and stipulations to sales, processing staff and Clients.
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Review all mortgage applications and documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews to insure GSE requirements have been met on all conforming loans as well as PNMAC overlays.
- Reviews to insure all HUD requirements met on FHA loans, loan is insurable and PNMAC overlays applied.
- Review on jumbo loans to insure all investor requirements
- Perform a risk based review on all loans based on expected performance and ability to repay, aside from GSE or HUD specific requirements.
- Reviews should contemplate Fraud and all "red flags" addressed or escalated as appropriate.
- Input all required information into Lending Space underwriting module accurately and within established time frames.
- Compliance reviews that fall into the Underwriting purview must be accurately performed and escalated as required.
- Suspensions posted to the Client must be accurate and necessary.
- Support Operations, Sales and Clients in conveying PNMAC underwriting philosophy and education.
- All loan decisions must be performed within the established SLA's but never sacrificing quality for quantity
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization's desired culture and values
This job has expired.
- Experience working with automated loan origination systems.
- Proficiency with automated underwriting systems
- At least 2 years experience at underwriting borrowers with complex financial and income statements.
- At least 2 years experience preparing cash flows on partnerships, s-corporations and corporations.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending laws and regulations.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management