Mueller Company (Mueller Co.), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an opening for an Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager based in our Cleveland, TN Facility.
The primary function of this position is to provide technical expertise and support in the development and implementation of the overall EHS Management System (EHSMS) for the Cleveland, TN facility and support for our Brownsville, TX operation. This will require working closely with the location management teams (staffs), EHS departments, and line supervision ensuring they understand their roles and responsibilities within the EHS Management System. Additional duties include creating, administering, and continuously improving site-specific processes and plans; preparing applications and reports for air, water, and solid material permits and interfacing with appropriate personnel in maintaining the safety and environmental responsibilities in equipment design, repair, maintenance and operation.
· Develop and execute short and long-term EHS strategy for Cleveland, TN Operations and support for Brownsville, TX Operations
· Develop, implement and continuously improve all environmental, health, safety, and sustainability elements within the EHS Management System
· Drive the completion and continuous improvement of core processes such as Risk Assessment, START, Toolbox Meetings, Incident Analysis, and Committee Meetings
· Assist Plant Manager with development of Staff/Supervisors FY EHS personal objectives
· Lead the operation in our Safety, Excellence and Leadership (SEAL) program to drive our safety culture, policies and procedures
· Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to the Staff, Supervisors, and EHS Leaders
· Liaise with regulatory agencies and various stakeholders
· Create and implement site-specific Level III procedures
· Leads the Management of Change process
· Manage the timely closure of compliance, risk management, and EHSMS audit findings
· Updates EHSMS with applicable regulatory changes/updates
· Maintains EHS budget
· Administer all programs currently required by state, local regulations.
· Write, update, administer and facilitate plans and programs and write applications for permits for solid and hazardous waste (Form R, Form A, Tier II, et cetera)
· Serve as liaison with local, state, and Federal compliance regulatory personnel, including said officials on any necessary tours and/or inspections.
· Assist the EHS Director in the implementation of company-wide sustainability initiatives and programs
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and outside professionals. Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks and determine priorities.
· Proven ability in the development of processes from conception through integration into an EHS Management System is important.
· Bachelor's degree in EHS, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Safety, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, or closely related degree required. Master's Degree highly preferred.
· CSP, CHMM, and/or CIH is preferred; ability to acquire certifications required
· Minimum five years' experience in managing environmental, occupational health or safety programs within a manufacturing environment, eight years' experience preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in a technical and/or managerial role implementing and managing environmental and sustainability programs.
· Regulatory knowledge of: Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, RCRA-Hazardous Waste and Dangerous Waste management and reporting, EPCRA, Toxic Release Inventory Reporting, Discharge Monitoring reports, Pollution Prevention, TSCA-PMN and CDR, DOSH, DOT, GHS,IATA, IMDG.
· OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and VPP experience is preferred.
Relocation assistance may be offered for this position for the right candidate. Local candidates will be given priority. Individuals interested in this position should apply for this position through the website in which you are viewing this opportunity or apply directly at the Mueller Water Products' career portal. (https://www.muellercompany.com/careers) All resumes will be collected through the Mueller Water Products' online recruiting platform. Resumes mailed, faxed, or emailed will not be reviewed. Mueller Company will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. Please do not contact Mueller regarding the status of your application.
Mueller Company offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term and long-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, supplemental insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship status and creed.