Helen of Troy is hiring an Associate Director of Engineering, PUR for our Health & Home office in Marlborough, MA. Our outstanding products elevate people's lives everywhere, every day.
This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen in Marlborough. Once our Marlborough, MA office reopens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
The Associate Director of Engineering, PUR will oversee North American and international programs through the NPD phase process. You will be accountable for managing new products development through the company's phase review process, ensuring that phase gate requirements are established and met. You will be responsible for creating the project plan, including the schedule and risk management plan; working with the Brand Managers, Program Managers and Product Engineers to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approvals. You will plan, organize, direct, control, and provide the leadership to achieve short-range and long-range business development objectives.
What you'll be doing
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Organize engineering group activities to maintain and grow business. Maximize engineering staff's talents to their job performance. Supervise program managers and other staff on their progresses.
- Provide guidance to PMs, PEs and other engineering staff when issue arises. Coach team for best engineering and R&D practice. Take responsibility for staff's well-being in the workplace.
- Work to ensure that cross functional global team and category teams are working effectively. Communicate to team effectively on program planning and progress.
- Take a lead role in planning and managing execution of new product development, conversion project, product transfer, and product cost take out
- Be an active solver to problems occurred during the execution of the programs
- Oversee multiple program schedules and budgets and report status of projects on a weekly basis
- Follow and execute corporate NPD and other engineering processes
- Will ensure product documentation and specifications are available to support timely procurement
- Provide technical solution and guidance to team and conduct design reviews
- Ensure an accessible Product History File is maintained
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for department
- Initiate cost reduction, compile appropriate information, make recommendations for action, and ensure results are obtained
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited four-year college or university. Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience managing high volume projects. Consumer goods, small appliance or household appliance experience preferred.
- Must possess effective problem solving, root cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change
- Strong leadership in execution of all phases of program
- Manage, train, mentor and coach direct reports and coordinate activities of department. Provide planning, scheduling, direction, and coordination of programs.
- Ensure all projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with established policies and objectives
- Demonstrated abilities with small appliance design, manufacturing and other practices including plastic design, molding, and electrical appliances
- Possess pro-active attitude and provide leadership, project management and teamwork skills to interact with a cross-functional global team and direct them in achieving assigned goals and objectives
- Ability to handle multiple projects and remain flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated delivery of projects within budget and schedule constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate with multiple global vendors and coordinate submittals, track vendor commitments on a schedule, and oversight of delivering quality products on schedule and within budget
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to provide concise and accurate status of projects on a weekly basis
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability to identify issues, assess technical and project alternatives and risks, and implement solutions while keeping the projects on track
- Working experience of electrical or electronic field is a plus
- Working knowledge of UL requirements
- Basic knowledge of CAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Project
- Experience or familiarity with water filtration technologies and products desired
- Ability to function as a leader, managing a small staff of 5 and working closely with the cross-functional team
- Basic understanding of project portfolio management including resource and budget assessment
- Hands-on style, willing to jump in to help solve technical problems
- Basic understanding of analytical lab equipment and techniques a plus
- Positive can-do attitude that aligns with our Power of One culture values
- Travel is required
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
.Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.