PUPROSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, Independence House policies and procedures, Independence House ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook, and as may be directed by the Food Service Director and/or Dietitian to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent training or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and speak in sentences.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers as well as count.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear/listen; and taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job has expired.