If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Systems Engineer I translates interface requests into workflows and processes that span multiple applications and multiple departments. The incumbent will be involved in the design, development, and maintenance of interface programming that is necessary to exchange data securely, accurately, and reliably between multiple systems, databases, web services, and file systems. The Systems Engineer I will also help with major version upgrades and system updates. Further, this employee develops interface logic between multiple systems and successfully implements state of the art business or healthcare management systems
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for full lifecycle delivery of software development.
- Evaluates, designs, and tests clinical applications of information systems for implementations and upgrades.
- Works with managers, senior administrators, and other leaders to produce required data and to identify project tasks and appropriate time estimates.
- Develops, designs, evaluates, and monitors common data processing methods and procedures, and identifies opportunities for process improvements for existing and new interfaces.
- Builds and enforces simulation exercises, reviews design and code for quality control, and maintains procedures to ensure utmost performance.
- Will be part of the on-call support rotation.
- Ensures data integrity with each interface and establishes protocols to resolve data accuracy and transmission issues.
- Ensures that all interfaces are using appropriate standards and record transaction formats.
- Documents and implements integration environment modifications, in accordance with best practices in the industry.
- Maintains proficiency and certification with the integration technologies required and the application systems assigned.
- Maintains reliable performance of the integration environment and overall integration engine(s).
- Monitors the runtime cycle(s) of live interfaces and resolves downtime issues.
- Performs analysis to test, develop, modify, and adapt application systems, hardware configurations, and interface programs.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Epic Certification
- 3 or more years of work experience in healthcare environment.
- 5 or more years Programming/System Engineering experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as .NET, Java, C/C++
- Good working knowledge of SQL and database programming
- Highly self-motivated
- Extraordinary prioritization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Works efficiently in a high pressure, on-call environment with changing priorities
- Organized and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Interface Engines like eGate, JCAPS, Intersystems Ensemble/IRIS or similar applications
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.